Not open for further replies.

appiah4

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Turkey
Region
Istanbul
I am looking for the SFF (3 Slots, 1 PCI, 1 ISA, 1 PCI/ISA shared) riser for the Dell Optiplex GX110 computers. Please let know if you have one of these for sale.

Hi appiah4, I have some news for you.

I have a GX110 myself, but then I found this: Apparently no riser-boards with ISA slots for the GX110 here:
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/...-isa-slot-or-riser-board-technical-tip-165323

Now I don't know what to make of that statement, as today I found one supposedly for the GX110:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/392024397464

(One has to be super careful when searching: Several Dell-riser Boards on Ebay only go with older systems, like GX1 or G1, while they look ALMOST like they'd fit the GX110 riser slot!)

If this article above is really for a GX110, my computer case (small form factor) couldn't take - I'd have to also find an old DELL computer case. Do you have a big Computer case? (PS: ah, just saw in your title SFF, I guess that answers this)
Besides that: terrible shipping costs from the USA, even if we'd order 2, it would turn out to be $45 for both of us. (n)

I've read on VOGONS that many PCI-Soundcards - (and even mainboard soundchips) can be configured to work in DOS. Unfortunately, it didn't seem that the mainboard-audio of the GX110 can do it, I checked in the BIOS.

So, no, sorry, I don't have a ISA-Riser card for you - I thought so, but when I tried to stick it in - it didn't fit. :-(
Maybe still this helps us. And maybe you can understand what the VOGONS are talking about... or someone from Amibay can help us.

Greetings to Turkey
André

Thanks. That riser won't work for me as my GX110 is the Low Profile vertical case with 3 slots; I believe this one is for the tower form factor.

I also have mine set up with a 3x PCI riser and the sound card I use is a ForteMedia FM-801 which has proven to be fairly good with regards to DOS compatibility and has an OK FM Synth. Regardless, it is not as convenient as being able to use an ISA sound card :)

I will keep looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom