Closed AmigaOne G3 XE

Status
Not open for further replies.

juda

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
turkey
Moving to a smaller house and sadly something have to go... At the first line my beloved A1 should go which I own it for 5 years... I did my best to explain without summarizing what have been done and the hardware.

It is in the best condition that it could be due to its age. The hardware installed on it chosen from the best quality vendors and providing best performance. Without any repair, service, bugfix etc. Always used with high quality PSU, case and cooling parts with regulated electricity with UPS. Previous owner was a long time Amigan which is also a computer technician.

Amiga1 XE G3 800 MHz
2GB SD RAM
SIL0680 IDE
Vantec SIL3114 SATA
Catweasel MK4 PCI (Has box and all accessories.) SOLD TO Hirsch
Ati Radeon 9200 128 MB AGP
1 TB SATA HDD
40 GB IDE HDD
SATA DVD RW
IDE DVD RW
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Never released to the public, this release is rock solid on my system and it enables to boot system from the installed SATA card.)
Onboard VIA AC97 Audio
Onboard 100 Mbps Ethernet
CPU Fan changed with the original one with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste. There are visuals related with this..

Genuine AmigaOS 4.0 CD
Genuine AmigaOS 4.1 CD
Genuine Debian PPC Linux CD

No case and PSU included in this sale due to high shipment costs.

Somes notes for myself written in Turkish but can be translated online. (I'll do my best to cover all topics in this thread.);

https://www.commodore.gen.tr/forum/index.php?topic=13788.0

There is a bug reported on these motherboards related with DMA which affects the system while using onboard USB, IDE and ethernet ports. As far as I know tow jumper wires are soldered on the motherboard to fix it. This motherboard doesn't have this bug and so no need to touch to the hardware. For the details about that fix:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?forum=4&topic_id=7813&order=

Jumper cable soldered upper side of the motherboard:

https://amigaone.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/amigaonexe-dma-usb-fix-1z2.jpg

Jumper cable soldered lower side of the motherboard:

https://amigaone.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/amigaonexe-dma-usb-fix-2z2.jpg

Motherboard model and serial number information decals:

As mentioned above the case and PSU is not included in this sale. The visuals attached just for to gain you the visual imagination of how and in which condition this system is used daily.

Graphics Card:

Upper to lower SIL0680, SIL3114, Catweasel MK4:

CPU and Kickstart information:

avail command output to show you the installed RAM:

UBoot Version 1.1.4, boot sequence and some kernel boot parameters:

UBoot motherboard and hardware settings:

UBoot Onboard IDE port shut down:

UBoot SIL0680 card boot options:

UBoot SIL3114 card boot options:

Catweasel settings tool under SYS:prefs/. No SID installed:

Media Toolbox/ SIL0680 IDE card:

Media Toolbox/ See the drivers installed on SIL0680 IDE card:

Media Toolbox/ See the partitions on the 40GB IDE HDD installed on SIL0680 IDE card:

Media Toolbox/ SIL3114 SATA card:

Media Toolbox/ See the drivers installed on SIL3114 SATA:

Media Toolbox/ See the partitions on the 1TB SATA HDD installed on SIL3114 SATA:

Onboard VIA Audio drivers loaded and active:

Radeon 9200 resolution setting:

SIL0680 card:

Old CPU Fan:

CPU naked!

New Fan:

New fan installed:

To the people asking "What is Catweasel?":

https://bboah.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=54&id=2291&artlang=en

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Catweasel

To the people don't want to read those :

It is designed to read and write all kind of diskettes (PC, MAC, Amiga, Atari, C64, 3.5", 5.1/4"...) with the Amiga and PC systems have PCI slot with standart PC drives. It also has 2 slots which hold SID chips from C64 can be installed to use in SID players and emulations which can provide you non-emulated REAL and STEREO audio to you. It also has 2 9 pins joystick and mouse port which C64 and Amiga Joystick, mice and CD32 joypads can be installed. Not finished! It also have 2 PS/2 connectors which can be used for PS/2 mice and keyboard and to connect an Amiga keyboard to the system.

Something I want to mention related with this system:

- It is obvious that you can not use the IDE ports on A1 XE motherboards. There is a SIL0680 PCI IDE card installed on this system and there is a compatibility issue between this card and A1 XE is present. When you disconnect the electricity from the PSU the system has ability to boot to black screen and can not proceed to the POST. When you close the switch on the PSU and wait several seconds (Like 3 seconds..) and switch back it on the system works without any problems and no stability issue etc until you disconnect the electricity from the PSU again. I remember that I read somewhere the same combination have the same result but I can not find it anymore. Maybe someone here knows this issue. I read that this is not a hardware fault but a compatibility issue and as I have a workaround for this I didn't want to get this motherboard touched by someone else.

- SIL0680 and SIL3114 works properly on certain PCI slots on A1 XE. The SIL3114 is installed at J10 and SIL0680 is at J9 and the Catweasel is installed at J8.

Local pickup is preferred for testing purposes (from Ankara/Turkey) but if not possible I'll surely do my best to show you from a video call.

As I don't want to pull apart the hardware without any need and also I REQUIRE to test the system either locally or remotely from the person who is willing to purchase the system BEFORE the final decision and payment done I couldn't be able to add the visuals for Catweasel, SIL3114 and bottom view of the motherboard but if I find the photographs of those taken before I will add them to this post.

1000 Euros.
Catweasel MK4 excluded: 850 Euros.
Catweasel MK4 separately: 200 Euros. SOLD to Hirsch

I can only trade with Vampire 1200. As Paypal don't work in Turkey anymore I can only accept bank transfer, cryptocurrencies or you can offer me another method which has mechanisms to protect both buyer and seller. (A friend of mine is going to help with Paypal so this is an option too.) Listed on elsewhere.
Shipment to Germany in a box 50x50x50 and below 10 kgs is around 50 Euros, France 60 Euros UK Mainland 60 Euros, USA 120 Euros. You can check it from the link below:

https://www.ptt.gov.tr/Sayfalar/EN/Shipping/Shipping.aspx#
(Again in Turkish but...)
Edit: The payment options was: "As Paypal don't work in Turkey anymore I can only accept bank transfer."

Last edited:
Last Price drop:
800 Euros (was 900), without Catweasel 650 (was 750)

For whom they want to pay with Paypal a friend of mine will help me with it.

Hello,
I want ask you about U-Boot 1.1.4. Do you have also separate file with this Uboot? I am asking, if it is possible to load another Uboot version, and then if I am not satisfied, return to your current U-Boot 1.1.4.

Declaring interest in the Catweasel MK4.

- - - Updated - - -

PM sent hoping Juda will read it since he is marked as inactive menber.

Hello,
I want ask you about U-Boot 1.1.4. Do you have also separate file with this Uboot? I am asking, if it is possible to load another Uboot version, and then if I am not satisfied, return to your current U-Boot 1.1.4.

Same question sent by PM and replied from there.

- - - Updated - - -

PM replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom