Not open for further replies.

WBST

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Guildford, Surrey
Made to order adapter cables, 40-pin or 34-pin Male IDC socket, to Gotek or clone FDD with 34-pin Male connector and separate 4-pin Male power connector.

40-pin
£17 + postage at cost
34-pin
£15.50 + postage at cost

The above prices represent the low volume parts cost, plus a minimal fee for time and effort.

Limit of one adapter cable of each type per order/member.
Suit all known PS/2 Model ribbon cable interfaces except DBA riser FDDs (Models 50, 50z, 55SX and 70) attachments, which are catered for by the Github project:
https://github.com/schlae/PS2FloppyAdapter
Apparently a company called Texelec is supplying pre-made ones, now.

Disclaimer: I disclaim any copyright for these, as I've publicly published the details online in a couple of places, such as the comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware NewsGroup and our related Facebook Group, so you are free to copy or adapt the designs to your needs, using them as templates.

Caveat: No commercial seller may charge excessively for any derivative product, nor without public acknowledgement of the freely obtained information, from the detailed connectivity donated to the community at large as a public service.

IMAG0506_1.jpg

At present (20th July 2020 10:15) I only have supplies to make up 5 of each Male connector socket Type. After that, lead times may become unacceptably long, due to resupply delivery times and prior project work demands.

N.B. The following video explains the need for pullup resistors to +5V DC on the interface to a "clone" substitute FDD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtT59n-dxdk
8 - Index (active low)
26 - Track 0 (active low)
28 - Write Protect (active low)
30 - Read Data (active low)
34 - Diskette Change (active low)
My adapters are purely to extract the require power supply lines to the appropriate connector for a (FlashFloppy firmware) Gotek drive, which will function correctly when configured correctly.

Last edited:
awesome!!! I love you for this! My Model 30 soooo badly needs this and I am a total idiot if it comes to soldering and stuff and I guessed that lovely machine was unusable now.

Declaring interest in 1x 40 Pin adapter

Last edited:
These indeed are very nice. Even if my PS/2 systems all have working floppies today there may come times when these will be needed. Besides, would love to test Gotek in some of my PS/2 systems!

So, declaring interest in 1 x 40-pin and 1 x 34-pin adapter - thanks.

Thanks for providing these!

Declaring interest in one 40-pin adapter, I assume this is what a model 65SX needs?

Thanks for providing these!

Declaring interest in one 40-pin adapter, I assume this is what a model 65SX needs?

Hi, yes, I believe the 65SX uses 40-way either card-edge or male 40-pin FDDs, but please do check. If the former it's simple enough to crimp onto the planar cable a couple of 40-pin Female IDC plugs, provided you leave enough space between the new plug and the old card-edge socket for the latter to bend back clear enough for the female plug to fully engage in an actual pin-type FDD. The adapter cable will make this easy, but better to cater to all possibilities. Be careful of the key orientation before crimping up (it should face down).

awesome!!! I love you for this! My Model 30 soooo badly needs this and I am a total idiot if it comes to soldering and stuff and I guessed that lovely machine was unusable now.

PM sent.

- - - Updated - - -

These indeed are very nice. Even if my PS/2 systems all have working floppies today there may come times when these will be needed. Besides, would love to test Gotek in some of my PS/2 systems!

PM sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Declaring interest in one 40-pin adapter

PM sent.

PM sent.

- - - Updated - - -

PM sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Declaring interest in one 40-pin adapter

PM sent.

All payments received, all items sent by 31 Aug 20.

item arrived in perfect shape, thanks for your nice work and for the nice conversation. will leave positive feedback in a moment

All feedbacks received and reciprocated for sales thus far. Thanks guys.

Declaring interest in 1 x 40-pin and 1 x 34-pin adapter.

PM relied to re: shipping cost. Might be a little while to make up, as I'm very busy organising a deal in Germany that requires collection and storage drop-offs. :(

This is cool! How many are you up to now / what's your annual production target?

Not really a production line, more of an ad-hoc service to get people out of the "need Reference Diskette" hole. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom