Amiga 2000 custom case

arymanx

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bedfordshire
Recently I have soldered an Amiga 2000 reproduction board by Floppie209. Unfortunately, I have had difficulty sourcing a case for it. Eventually, I found something on eBay, although in poor condition (broken mounting poles in front bezel and drilled holes with toggle switches installed).

I decided to create my own case using original measurements. To test the fit, I used a second, unpopulated board. I made a mounting bracket for Zorro cards, which I will have to correct in some ways (expand the groove which boards lean against and think of an appropriate insulation material), however I don't think this is necessary for the A2000, except for transportation.

I intended to use a scandoubler, the PCB of which you can see, which I also created a rear bracket for. I heard that PAL is not ideal, NTSC runs comparably better - does anyone have an opinion on this topic?

I have, to the best of my ability, tried to make the case as similar to the original as possible. Unfortunately, I do not know how long it will take me to finish this project (I would like to first populate the case how I want).

More pictures can be found here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jQUMemwNLoX451FqDRstYwTCjELtxH5I?usp=sharing

I am VERY impressed with this!

Any idea the timescale and price/availability when finished?

EDIT: Jumping the gun but an A4000D one is needed! those machines suffer badly more so with the terrible front
panel design.

Last edited:
I am VERY impressed with this!

Any idea the timescale and price/availability when finished?

EDIT: Jumping the gun but an A4000D one is needed! those machines suffer badly more so with the terrible front
panel design.

I can not produce many of them. This is my hobby work after "day job". Price would be in region of £220 plus postage £30 within the UK. If someone is seriously interested I will open thread in "Hardware for sale/Amiga".

I am working on something for A4000D, but it will take couple months to finish it (limited time), bit more complicated for me due to vertical daughterboard.

Back
Top Bottom