Amiga 4000D custom case

arymanx

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bedfordshire
Work still in progress but decided to share it. I will have to tweak around few bits but its almost perfect. More pictures here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vU0eCcXLI1UyApN6iWgs5dOtB8NmVlIm?usp=sharing

UeXKa3C.jpg

ljTmCj6.jpg
rzuz2EU.jpg
dR2RhJH.jpg
1tDKyja.jpg
0HQknIi.jpg

16/11/2020
I have it back from painters. I still tested it with bare PCB boards, hopefully I will find time soon to put actual board inside.
QvcvZ0G.jpg

nsPKJgm.jpg

zHEKb4t.jpg

kW1V700.jpg

mIKxEHu.jpg

jC2IX7G.jpg

gTBNU70.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect !!!!!

Bravo master !!!

When you have time, write something more about the project, how you did it, what machines, techniques and technologies you used.
Thanks in advance :)

An improvement of the original case without the uglyness of towering it. I like it.

I am welder/fabricator. I measured everything myself having only PCBs of motherboard and daughterboard. I already made few custom cases for A500, A600, A2000 and now A4000D. It is laser cut 2mm mild steel. Tack welds, lots of tapping, countersinking and grinding. Took me about 10 hours to fabricate it from laser cut components.

Care to produce more for fellow amigans?

Do you intend to paint it or will you leave it as bare metal?

Hi, it is unfortunately quite expensive, I am charged £120 for laser cut. It has to be painted. Powder coating is in region of £30. I spent about 10 hours (welding, grinding/linishing, tapping, countersinking). Final price would be in region of £300 plus postage. It is at paint shop now. I will post more pictures soon.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

That is a work of art! The unpainted one looks even better, but overall I would take any colour :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, it is unfortunately quite expensive, I am charged £120 for laser cut. It has to be painted. Powder coating is in region of £30. I spent about 10 hours (welding, grinding/linishing, tapping, countersinking). Final price would be in region of £300 plus postage. It is at paint shop now. I will post more pictures soon.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I would be well up for one! even in kit form, unpainted! I really like what you have done for the other machines, just perfect! I am a big fan of Lian-Li cases, mainly the stuff they put out years back like the PC-60. So your cases remind of them because of the no-fuss clean lines, no fancy gimmicks just a case doing its job of being a case and holding an a4000 :)

Amiga 4000D custom case

Totally impressed by the superior manufacturing quality achieved and the engineering details put into these.
To me they are masterpieces of your art, mate.
I will ask Hese for authorisation to use his A4000+ calligraphy and Alice logo as I would love to have one of these for his motherboard which is different from the replica from Acill that you used...
Will chat with you on PM from there.
Stay tuned. :)

Last edited:
I love this, and seeing my simple logo I created on it is very humbling. Thank you!

@Acill: it’s indeed cool.
What better than a replica case to fit a replica board?? Bringing the board logo to the case is a fantastic move. And so cool.
Hopefully we can have a variant for Hese design too... ;)

Finally completed folded version of A4k. This beauty going to Australia.
Y9nz8uH.jpg
IideJwS.jpg
8a2LeGd.jpg
TOpXDUN.jpg
rF7ppbR.jpg

More pictures here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12zbVKBL6NZbJocGQMdeqPbXszPonuJTb?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom