m0c

Cracked by Megabyte
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
To have myself a fun project for an otherwise boring Xmas, I am looking for one or more bare PCBs of the GBA1000 (rev 4) and the 68060 turbocard (GBA1K-TK-02), in blue only.

Particularly the turbocard has been #1 on my wishlist for quite some time, ever since I got my hands on two rev 6 CPUs eagerly waiting to be tested.

I will most likely be putting the yet to build GBA1000 boards up for sale when they are completed, as I own 3 of them already. I am merely building a few extra to reduce my stocked components.

Tuxbar might still have some blue PCB of the 060 board.... not sure but I got mine from him.

Payment sent to milo for a complete turbocard kit (y)
I keep on hoping for one extra turbocard and one or two GBA1000 mainboards. All in blue and without any components installed.

Payment received.
GBA1000 turbocard kit received in excellent order. Thank you for a great deal! Positive feedback left.

As stated a few days ago, I remain interested in one extra turbocard and one or two GBA1000 mainboards. All in blue and without any components installed.

Bumping this one, as the latest responses and subsequent PMs so far (although much appreciated) haven't lead anywhere yet. Bare boards remain very welcome and hey, we can always talk GBA along the way ;)

Only Blue cards for GBA I saw lately were some PicassoII boards but I’m not sure you were after them...

GBA1000 + turbocard (bare)

If you assemble the turbo cards, are you making them «*floppy compatible*»?

There are few mods to keep them as flat as possible so it’s possible to keep the floppy drive...

Last edited:
That's right, Sebastien! Using 4mm low profile versions for coils L1 and L2 (Mouser 994-MSS1038-333MLC) will leave just about enough clearance for a floppy drive to be mounted. The original A1000 drive is too bulky but can be replaced by several different A500 disk drives, e.g. the Panasonic JU-253-033p. Drive and eject button are a perfect fit, but some of the drive's aluminium frame needs to be dremeled away for the A1000 front panel to be reseated properly.

Now find me my blue unstuffed PCBs please? :D
I am not looking for the PicassoII.

A single green GBA1000 rev4 mainboard is welcome too, as my friend @A10001985 has a turbocard and PicassoII lying around, both in green and partially stuffed with passives by a previous owner.

Last edited:
A big thank you to @Rakeim132 for the tip below! (y) I've managed to order 3 GBA1000 rev 4 motherboards from them, as well as their last 2 PicassoII boards. The webstore is only offering local shipping within Poland, but you can also place your order via email (in English). They will eventually send you a pro forma invoice and a PayPal payment request.

Should any of you be interested, they have about 9 blue GBA1000s left in stock, no green. Their 68060 turbocards are red like everywhere else, so the search for blue ones continues.

Hello Erwin,
See if you can order here: https://programatory.archi-tech.com.pl/pl/p/GBA1000-plyta-glowna/128
(they have green too!!)
If you can, let me know because it doesn't work for me from Australia (no shipping options).
I might need some help for few items... ;)
Cheers

Last edited:
Thread can be marked as FOUND and closed.
Full kudos once again to @Rakeim132, this time for finding no less than ten blank, blue turbocards!
Thanks Seb! (y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom