Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amiga 1000, Loaded

I'm not here to play word games but the rules use pleading and hedge words. Not using the "magic word" doesn't mean he didn't actually ask first.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The STL files are all over in the Hardware channel at amigalove.com.

Lead Moderator
    Administrator
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Merseyside
    Feedback
    238 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rcousins View Post
    I'm not here to play word games but the rules use pleading and hedge words. Not using the "magic word" doesn't mean he didn't actually ask first.

I was keeping an eye on this thread as to what your reaction eventually would be and actually the above is incorrect, many sales have been overruled due to:-

"what's the postage to UK"
    "any photos of the unit "
    "Pm Sent"
    all do NOT qualify as 1st in line or a declaration of interest.

The intended buyer realised this and posted "Interest declared" lower down the thread.

We as staff are also not playing word games, pretty clear cut

If you wish to buy an item, you must declare interest in the thread and then send a PM to the seller
    and
    Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent"
    The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line
    but in your case the "Real" 1st inline has agreed to give way with a polite request for you both to follow the site rules in the future.

Instead of thanking him you decided to take the higher ground.

If this is not agreeable to you then you can take your sales elsewhere, follow the site rules to which you agreed to when signing up or leave.

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Ontario
    Feedback

I do apologize for using the wrong wording. I am fairly new to Amibay. I did PM Renee and offer to buy at the same time as I posted PM sent. I assumed that was obvious and the same as interested. I did not realize I had to use the word interested until I read the correction. Thank you for the correction guys. I will ensure I do this correct next time.

Michael

[QUOTE=Sardine;1005216]
    Quote Originally Posted by rcousins View Post
    I'm not here to play word games but the rules use pleading and hedge words. Not using the "magic word" doesn't mean he didn't actually ask first. Thank you for taking the high ground if I did this wrong.

Michael

I was keeping an eye on this thread as to what your reaction eventually would be and actually the above is incorrect, many sales have been overruled due to:-

"what's the postage to UK"
    "any photos of the unit "
    "Pm Sent"
    all do NOT qualify as 1st in line or a declaration of interest.

The intended buyer realized this and posted "Interest declared" lower down the thread.

We as staff are also not playing word games, pretty clear cut

and
    Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent"
    The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line
    but in your case the "Real" 1st inline has agreed to give way with a polite request for you both to follow the site rules in the future.

Instead of thanking him you decided to take the higher ground.

If this is not agreeable to you then you can take your sales elsewhere, follow the site rules to which you agreed to when signing up or leave.
    Last edited by mlenardon; 22nd January 2021 at 00:11. Reason: Spelling error

Lead Moderator
    Administrator
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Merseyside
    Feedback
    238 (100%)

The reason is because not everyone's 1st language is English so we strictly enforce clear unambiguous statements like "Next in line" , "Declared Interest " " I am interested" etc. PM sent can mean anything.

as English is my 1st ( and only ) language i understood that you was interested in buying the Amiga, that's without a doubt, but if your not native to English and use web translate or understand partial English then not seeing "Declared interest" but only "hey we live in the same country PM sent" can be classed as ambiguous so we don't play word games and keep it VERY strict. This is how Amibay has always been.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12