Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
looking to swap .

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?113579-Motherboard-DX4-120

motherboard J-426B with 256kb cache , 32MB ram and Amd DX4-120 cpu.
Cpu AMD DX4-120 - A80486DX4-120SV8B , Custom cooler / fan
S3 Trio64v2/DX I think 1mb

for

Socket 7 motherboard with Pentium mmx 200-233 - 64mn ram
PCI / ISA + PS/2 - USB
S3 Virge 2mb+ or ill just keep my s3 trio

( Edit :- No Dallas batteries please )

Also Swop a working but unstable Voodoo 3000 AGP
1 capacitor came off ( I still have it loose )

for a voodoo 1 or 2

any difference is price can be discussed va PM

Last edited:
thanks for pm but no Dallas batteries please.

Interested in a swap. I've got a few S7 boards that will fit the bill, may only have a 200 non-mmx cpu spare though - but the CPU is the easy bit to obtain I suppose. I will go through my stash in the next few days (busy with work and family) and let you know. May need extra time to testbench as some haven't been out of storage for a while. I'm in Crosby as well if you wanted to do local collection.

Interested in a swap. I've got a few S7 boards that will fit the bill, may only have a 200 non-mmx cpu spare though - but the CPU is the easy bit to obtain I suppose. I will go through my stash in the next few days (busy with work and family) and let you know. May need extra time to testbench as some haven't been out of storage for a while. I'm in Crosby as well if you wanted to do local collection.

sounds good ( I have no transport atm ) so cant do local pickup :( St Helens here.

dont go out of your way dragging stuff out if your busy, im on furlough atm so I have a bit of spare time ( after homeschooling, thats fun!!!! )

sounds good ( I have no transport atm ) so cant do local pickup :( St Helens here.

dont go out of your way dragging stuff out if your busy, im on furlough atm so I have a bit of spare time ( after homeschooling, thats fun!!!! )

it's all good, i'm wfh so can do bits during the day when i'm not answering emails or calls, or fancy a skive for an hour! I will get some boards out, send pics/specs and test them up.

So I've had a look

CPU wise I don't have anything Intel apart from a Pentium 120. My only MMX CPU (166) is in a build I'm working on so not available. I do have lots of S7 CPU's but I tend to just keep the unusual stuff like the IBM/Cyrix. I also have far too many K6/K6-2 hanging around.

GPU wise, I don't have a Virge. My S3 TrioV2+ 2mb is in my 486 build so unavailable. I'll go through my GPU's as I will have similar stuff just not a Virge.

I have the following boards, all Baby AT form. NO DALLAS chips, all coincell.
All will need a bit of testing as they've been stored away. If you are interested in anything, I'll put a board through its paces and take pictures.

- Zida 5DTX-TC. Socket 7, intel 430TX chipset. No USB. I have the correct PS/2 bracket. 4 PCI and 3 ISA one shared. BIOS has been flashed to latest version and manual easily available, or I can provide.

- PCChips M571 3.2a. Socket 7, chipset unknown (classic PC chips) unusual board because whilst being AT form it has onboard sound (SB Pro compatible) and VGA. I have the original brackets for serial, parallel, PS/2, sound and VGA. No USB. Onboard stuff can be disabled. 4 PCI, 3 ISA, 1 shared. 30 pin and 72 pin RAM sockets. BIOS has been flashed to latest and manual available, or I can provide.

- Chaintech 5AGM3. Super Socket 7, VIA chipset. Supports all S7 CPU's. 1 AGP, 3 PCI and 3 ISA with 1 shared. I have the PS/2 bracket but do not have the USB brackets. Manual available and has pinouts if you get lucky with a compatible bracket.

- Jetway J-542B. Super Socket 7, ALI Aladdin chipset, Supports all S7 CPU's. 1 AGP, 3 PCI and 3 ISA with 1 shared. I have the PS/2 bracket but do not have the USB brackets. BIOS is missing because I stole the EPROM to use in another board, but I have some EPROM's on order and the BIOS backed up, so I can get it back up and running to test it if interested. Manual available.

Understand if none of this really fits the bill!

Last edited:
Might be interested in one of those SS7. poss the Jetway or whatever is best suited. ( but im guessing these are larger motherboards,, ATX case compatible and wont fit in my AT case ?

A SS7 opens up AGP and ATX PSU, easier to find a video card and case.

the PC chips btw is txproII ( sis 5598 ?? ) used use these back in the day building cheap cyrix 300 office pc's for a firm in manchester, tempted as these where rock solid for us.

which do you reckon on out of the 2 SS7 the Via or Aladdin ? or stick with baby at pci/isa !! do you have any ATX socket 7 boards to fit an ATX case ?

cheers for your time

thanks

Last edited:
Interesting info on the PC Chips, thanks!

All four boards are Baby AT form, so they are nice and compact. No ATX boards, sorry.

The two SS7 chipsets are pretty equal when I've used them before - as long as chipset drivers are installed they tend to be fast and stable.

The Chaintech does not have an ATX power connector, but the Jetway has both AT and ATX power connectors, but obviously if used in an AT case you'd need to be creative about which button turns the PC on when using ATX power. I assume it could mount in an ATX case if the ATX case was of the right era, but you'd have a blank IO shield. I have some 3d printed ones spare actually I could throw in - you just need to chop a hole in it for the AT keyboard connector.

just sent you a pm and didnt see the above post

just to update the thread.

received K6 500 system and for nostalgia ( because I built so many and this might be one I actually built ) pcchips M571 socket 7

Ive posted.

PIII 500 slot 1 setup ( and spare PII-350 cpu ) and 486 amd120 setup, was collected yesterday.

Update:-

and as I typed this I got a PM arrived safely,, hurrah!!.

Last edited:
Voodoo swap still available? If so I'm interested

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
just to update the thread.

received K6 500 system and for nostalgia ( because I built so many and this might be one I actually built ) pcchips M571 socket 7

Ive posted.

PIII 500 slot 1 setup ( and spare PII-350 cpu ) and 486 amd120 setup, was collected yesterday.

Update:-

and as I typed this I got a PM arrived safely,, hurrah!!.

Yep all received and all good :)

Voodoo swap still available? If so I'm interested

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

in talks for a voodoo swap. just waiting on confirmation of video quality as some voodoo cards are pretty bad.

fingers crossed no wavy lines or interference :D

voodoo received, will test this and report.....

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom