Sold Blizzard PPC DCE 060rev6@66MHz PPC@330MHz 64MB RAM BVision PPC and PSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corb_80

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Gothenburg
Update 21-03-30: Splits allowed, Also price drop for complete set.
BVision + extension cable + screws to fasten board = 400 350 €300
BPPC + 64MB RAM + Box with CD and floppys + extra 66Mhz crystal = 1200 1150 €1100
Complete set = 1500 1450 €1350

Only accepting SEK to my PayPal + shipping + fees

Update 21-03-21:
Alright, big update: (short version: everything works)

I have now tested the hardware in my A1200 with a new install of WarpOS along with Wipeout 2097, Quake and other games/programs and it worked very nice. Will try to link videos of games running in this thread, Wipeout is AWESOME!
:LOL:

Replaced 66Mhz crystal for 68060 witha 60Mhz one just to be more on the safe side, 66Mhz crystal included in sale. 060 is running very nice and cool and i suspect 66Mhz is not a problem anyway.

I modified the PSU to have extra floppy connectors and standard molex connector for fans and extra power to A1200.
I suspect though that this old ATX supply is a bit weak, 5V line drops to 4,88V sitting idle in WB (did not measure in load)
I recommend getting a proper power solution, will still include this one for testing purposes.

I replaced one connector of VGA extension cable that was a poor connection giving bad color at times, now fixed.
EDIT: The old connector also caused "fake" no-boots as the monitor would not wake up due to signal missing.

During testing i added heatsink+fan to Permedia chip, heatsink+fan on top of original PPC cooler and also extra big fan blowing
hot air from the entire board. also added small heatsinks to 4 other chips. these are included/attached.
EDIT: I also removed stock heatsink and cleaned up old thermal compund then re-pasted the PPC before re-fitting stock heatsink.

I will say this: these cards are for towered A1200 only! If you cram it in a desktop case you would have to fashion a very professional cooling solution because it needs it!

Long story short, cards work but given their "fragile nature" and that user MUST get proper active cooling AND power-supply,
there will be no returns or refunds. Period.

For anyone not accustom to PPC-boards and installing them, i say: get a normal 68k accelerator and plug n' play.
;)

If no interest is made before in one week from now (8AM on March 28'th) I will allow splits.

For sale is still this kit of:

1x Phase 5/DCE Blizzard PPC 603p@330Mhz 68060 rev.6@60Mhz (small heatsinks and 66Mhz crystal included)
2x 32MB 60ns RAM moules
1x Blizzard BVision RTG expansion board + small extra heat sinks and M2 screws for fastening to BPPC
1x Extension VGA cable, new connector fitted 20/3-21 (poor connection)
1x External PSU ~230W modified with 3 extra connectors for fans and power injection to motherboard
1x Original Phase 5 box, but not for this card! (might be for CyberstormPPC given the text on inlay)
1x set of original installation floppys + two other not original
1x original CD with tools and demos etc.

PPC board is tested and seems to work fine, no strange errors or gurus or whatever during my use. PPC CPU only tested as per picture "PowerUP test"
BVPPC board was bought as "faulty" but I have repaired it and it outputs picture. I have NOT fully tested this with suitable software as i dont have it!
When i bought card it had two caps missing and one leg was broken on CPLD chip, see picture during repair, i have more pictures if wanted.

Buyer is highly recomended to add proper active cooling to BVision board prior to use, they get hot!
Kit is best used in towered A1200 but can be fitted in desktop model IF POWER AND COOLING IS SUFFICIENT.

Ask anything you want to know, i'll be happy to answer any questioins.

Will ship world wide on buyers expense and will be extremely well packed against moisture and care-less handling.
Will accept SEK only to my PayPal (F&F or buyer pays extra fees)

Price is €1600 €1500 €1450

Only sold here on Amibay, declare interest below according to standard site rules.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.1.jpg
    2.1.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210212_174120.jpg
    20210212_174120.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210213_115805.jpg
    20210213_115805.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210212_175337.jpg
    20210212_175337.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Proof of posession/ownership

Proof of posession/ownership

Believe i found why previous thread was deleted (without notice or explanation)
There is not todays date on written note... so here it is, from 1min ago:

Attachments

• 20210214_193702_resized.jpg
    20210214_193702_resized.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 2
Believe i found why previous thread was deleted (without notice or explanation)
There is not todays date on written note... so here it is, from 1min ago:

Well you agreed to the "notice" you had to read.......... or not and it explained why before you ticked "yes i read it" and it disappeared.

This sticky right at the top

0 tolerance proof of ownership

As per the rules you all agreed to and just incase your a long standing member and might have forgotten or read any changes,

recently a notice was issued to EVERYONE, you had to read ( or click it away and ignore it )

in any event the notice was to remind EVERYONE of the rules.

so from today I am removing ALL posts wether you in the middle of a sale , i don't care , your posts will be removed that's your fault.

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...f-of-Ownership

I made the text in RED , BOLD and 5 sizes larger

its 3 Items of proof not 1 or 2 but 3 any posts without the 3 shall be removed, even if I have not noticed the thread even for some time it WILL still be removed WITHOUT warning as you all have no excuse as the notice was mandatory to either read or click that you had indeed read it.

which leads to the notice mentioned above you agreed to.

Notice for all AmiBayers.

If you have a post count of less than 50 OR a feedback score of less than ten then you will be expected to provide proof of ownership for items of a value of £50 ( Total sale value inc fees & Postage ) or more.
This is to be in the form of a photo of the item with a piece of paper showing the 1:- forum name, 2:- your forum name and 3:- the date the item is listed For Sale.

and this sticky

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?114660-Has-your-NEW-for-Sale-thread-just-vanished

and the logs show you read 0 of any of the stickies.

Last edited:
Well you agreed to the "notice" you had to read.......... or not and it explained why before you ticked "yes i read it" and it disappeared.

This sticky right at the top

which leads to the notice mentioned above you agreed to.

Notice for all AmiBayers.

If you have a post count of less than 50 OR a feedback score of less than ten then you will be expected to provide proof of ownership for items of a value of £50 ( Total sale value inc fees & Postage ) or more.
This is to be in the form of a photo of the item with a piece of paper showing the 1:- forum name, 2:- your forum name and 3:- the date the item is listed For Sale.

and this sticky

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?114660-Has-your-NEW-for-Sale-thread-just-vanished

and the logs show you read 0 of any of the stickies.

I'm not trying to be a dick or put myself above the rules of this forum, in this case i simply forgot to add the date on proof of ownership and that's why i was surprised to see the listing removed, i thought i did everything right.

For the stickys, reason i have not read them is because they are posted in General Chat, a place on any forum i very rarely visit, if ever, i'm not the one who engages in general discussions online, there is basically no point. For this particular "discussion" we are having right now i just wanted to explain my behaviour.

:boing:And to anyone interested in this listing:
I am preparing an installation to fully test this hardware as i realize it's a stretch for someone to buy it not sure of it's function.
This will take some time (several days/week(s)?) but listing will remain meanwhile and get updated when test is completed.

Take care!

split bundle

split bundle

Hi Corb, nice bundle !

Unfortunately I am only interested in the BPPC.
Are you considering selling it alone ?

Thx

Hi Corb, nice bundle !

Thx

Asking for a split is against the forum rules matey

Last edited:
Hi Corb, nice bundle !

Thx

Thanks for the interest, firstly I want to get everything 100% tested (it's coming along nicely so far) then I will update this listing with results.
After testing is complete I will be opening up for split sale but for right now the answer is no.

Take care.

Last edited:
Everything is now tested OK, see top for more info.
Splits will be allowed after one week from now if no interest in the lot is made.

Will try and add the videos here, those interested can also ask me directly and i'm sure i can upload them somewhere!

Cheers!

Added a couple pictures showing BVision installed and working, video-links will follow as i could'nt upload here.

edit: here is video of Wipeout2097 running:
https://streamable.com/hjcsb3
And here is Quake running (demo):
https://streamable.com/xzz4zc

Attachments

• 20210320_161522.jpg
    20210320_161522.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210320_161203.jpg
    20210320_161203.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210320_143634.jpg
    20210320_143634.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Questions from cchastan answered on PM
EU shipping is €38 (€27 without PSU)

To everyone, i recommend getting a better PSU, this one was not meant to be included from start but will for testing purposes.
It is very old and i don't trust it.

Therefore the option to not include it is for you to make.

As i probably won't be up at 8 by the computer tomorrow i'm opening up now for splits.
No official interest withdrawal has been made by cchastan but i have not heard from him since wednesday so moving on.

All tested working:
BVision + extension cable + screws to fasten board = €400 (SEK 4080)
BPPC + 64MB RAM + Box with CD and floppys + extra 66Mhz crystal = €1200 (SEK 12200)

Only accepting SEK to my PayPal + shipping + fees

Interested for BVision for a friend:

BVision + extension cable + screws to fasten board = €400 (SEK 4080)

PM Soon.

Updated main post with latest info and price drop for complete set to €1500​, was €1600

Friday-feeling gives one more price-drop: (main post updated)
BVision only €350
BPPC only €1150
Complete kit €1450

Still available:

BVision only €350
BPPC060 accelerator only €1150

Complete kit all of above
€1450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom