Bigfoot Killer K1 problems

8bitplus

Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
Hello.
I have a new in box Killer K1 card including box. I don't think the card had ever been used and the anti-static bag label was intact.
I'm planning on selling the card as I'm never going to use it in may A1200 and I don't have a 4000/3000 that can use it.
So I decided to plug the card into a PC and try to screenshot it working there, however I've run into a problem... The card has a few LEDs that light up and go off again in a cycle and the card doesn't show up in device manager. The only PCs I have at my disposal are a Windows 10 system with 1 PCI (the machine I tried), and another with Windows 98 so neither are going to let me install the driver.
It seems these cards have a "Firmware" that the driver package transfers when installing in windows. My question is... Does this sound like my card is just missing the firmware, and testing with an older XP PC might fix it? Or does this card sound faulty?
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks

I know that Hedeon does not support the A1200 but you can still test the card with your 1200 as long as your mediator is the newer TX version with the 3.3v

@Fitzsteve and myself and probably many others have managed to get these cards to work with our A1200 albeit only a few programs working like Doom

but you should still be able to see it with PCIinfo

I can test it for you if you like, I’m only across in York

Last edited:
I know that Hedeon does not support the A1200 but you can still test the card with your 1200 as long as your mediator is the newer TX version with the 3.3v

@Fitzsteve and myself and probably many others have managed to get these cards to work with our A1200 albeit only a few programs working like Doom

but you should still be able to see it with PCIinfo

Unfortunatly I've got a Mediator SX. Its not been in the amiga because I found out (after getting the card) that its not going to work :Doh:

- - - Updated - - -

I can test it for you if you like, I’m only across in York
Thaks for the offer. I'm going to take a look at work and see if I have any XP machines in the junk heap, but its not likley.
If I cant find anything I'll send you a PM. I'm in Leeds

Back
Top Bottom