DraCo computers

A2000lab

Country
Finland
Region
Hämeenlinna
Hello, may I ask if there is an expert user or several for MacroSystem DraCo computers who participate(s) here or pointers to current DraCo knowledge base?

Hi, what is it you want to know about the Draco? I don't consider myself an expert, but i do own one, and used to have a Yahoo group, until Yahoo decided to close everything down. Jaeson has managed to form a new group over at: https://groups.io/g/Amiga-vlabmotion

Thank you for the link and reply. I was interested in how the display works with DraCo and also if somebody had experience with running DraCo on some other operating system.

When I used DraCo several years ago, I could not get the display to work really well meaning that it never had a standard resolution for a LCD. I could not be sure whether it was possible to get the display running perfectly at some standard resolution.

As a former DraCo owner, the issue might be the 4MB VRAM on the gfx board. It's very limited, and you can not get good modern resolutions+refresh-rates. So you have to start with low res and "work" your way up (that was how I did it). If I remember correctly, it was possible for me to get a simple 8-bit 720p display out of it on a Samsung LCD monitor.

As for the OS, I was running both the supplied OS3.1 and the cloned OS3.5. I guess (but don't know for sure) Linux might have worked on it.

Back
Top Bottom