Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amiga SD Card Reader & Writer, new batch

Has anyone had issues with their amiga locking up when using this? It might possibly be related to my own amiga and not the adapter, but I dunno what would cause this.

https://youtu.be/glQC18SaXNM

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    Brindisi
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Hi,
    assuming that:
    A) The power supply voltage is correct (5VDc);
    B) The LPT peripheral (parallel port) is working properly;
    C) The Micro SD is the right size (I was able to configure a 4GB SD both in Fat32 and Fat16),
    you have to verify that if you boot from DH0, you need to copy the following files:
    1) fat95 in the "L" folder
    2) spid.device in the "Device" folder.
    The aforementioned files can be found in the relative directory of the "Install" Pendrive that you created from the "adf" file. If you boot from pendrive name "Install", the "SD0" peripheral is configured correctly.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by patracy View Post
    Has anyone had issues with their amiga locking up when using this? It might possibly be related to my own amiga and not the adapter, but I dunno what would cause this.

https://youtu.be/glQC18SaXNM
    Last edited by wrgenius; 24th July 2021 at 13:20.
    ...give me a Byte and I'll let you explore the Universe

I've tried with two separate USB power supplies. Both 5v. I'm not 100% on the condition of the parallel port, honestly this is the first time I've tried it. SD card is only a 2gb formated to FAT32. I will double check the files to copy over though.

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    Brindisi
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

I've tried with two separate USB power supplies. Both 5v. I'm not 100% on the condition of the parallel port, honestly this is the first time I've tried it. SD card is only a 2gb formated to FAT32. I will double check the files to copy over though.
    ...if you find it useful, my friend's "Amiga 500" had the same problem as you (red led data inert and computer locked).
    I replaced the "ODD CIA A (CSG 8520A-1)" chip, which controls the parallel port and the SD card reader worked perfectly.
    Last edited by wrgenius; 25th July 2021 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by wrgenius View Post
    ...if you find it useful, my friend's "Amiga 500" had the same problem as you (red led data inert and computer locked).
    I replaced the "ODD CIA A (CSG 8520A-1)" chip, which controls the parallel port and the SD card reader worked perfectly.
    I tried copying the files over to the workbench drive. Same behavior. I will try a new power supply completely as ozkano mentioned to me. (I've tried two though, but I'll bring another one over tomorrow) If that doesn't work I'll try another CIA chip.

Tried reflowing the soldering on the adapter, and another CIA chip. Same behavior still. I'm going to try this with my 2000 at home tonight and see if it works there. At least then I can sort out if it's a device related issue or computer.

Looks like it's an issue with my 3000. Works fine in my 2000.

Country
    Slovakia
    Region:
    Bratislava
    Feedback

I will take 2pcs. How much is the shipment to Slovakia, EU please?
    Last edited by stano2000; 27th July 2021 at 07:49.

Country
    Italy
    Region:
    Brindisi
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Tried reflowing the soldering on the adapter, and another CIA chip. Same behavior still. I'm going to try this with my 2000 at home tonight and see if it works there. At least then I can sort out if it's a device related issue or computer.
    Hi,
    I took a look at the wiring diagram of the Amiga 3000. The "Centronics" port is driven by two "CIA" chips (like the Amiga 500).
    I would advise you to check both of them.
    Last edited by wrgenius; 27th July 2021 at 12:46.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345