Re-newed A1200 Tower

Country
Nederland
Region
Limburg
Work in progress!

A while ago I aquired an old an somewhat beaten up A1200 tower case. I used to own one and now for somewhat nostalgic reasons, I wanted one again.

My goal:

1: Customized Tower, in the colors I want. Case as new.
2: Install a black A1200 PCB
3: Get the "best" A1200 accelerator, to me that is an BPPC.
4: Install a mediator PCI 1200 TX Black
5: Install DVD drive
6: Find the best solution for a HD or SSD (Like CF)
7: Install OS3.x or maybe 4.X (Why the BPPC?)
8: Whatever comes to mind
9: Something came to mind, do something about the LEDs in the front.

Case has been completely dismantled and handed over to a friend, that has the case mediumblasted and powdercoated. Plastic front will be painted professionally by a car painter.
I aquired a defective BPPC and tried to repair it. But it does not boot unfortunatly (black screen and no early boot menu). From an electric pov it seems to be ok.
Scored a matching BeQuiet PSU and adjusted it to the Amiga1200 requirements, meaning that I removed unused 12V CPU cables, for a nice and clean look.
The A1200 mainboard will be a re-amiga 1200, still scoring parts for it.

It seems this is a somewhat massive financial undertaking, so it night take a while before this is finished.

some fotos:

Nice project. Glad the Power Tower is getting the TLC it much needs to bring it back up to its former glory.

Looking forward to seeing the final project.

Sadly the expense is just inevitable now due to all us Amiga users in the past, wanting to relive our youth and now can afford what we couldn’t back then.

Last edited:
Always good to follow the history of a sale. The case was going for recycling because no interest when advertised until Tim stepped in, he completed his project and looks like an excellent job reviving the Power Tower and good luck in completing your project.

Case closed... for now.

I have the same case for an a4000. I think I'll sell that one, to fund this project.

Thanks for looking.

This does look great I must say.

so glad this have been lovingly revived and you’ve made it your own too

When will it be getting its motherboard?

This does look great I must say.

so glad this have been lovingly revived and you’ve made it your own too

When will it be getting its motherboard?

Thnx! The case was a little banged up and rusty. That is still a little visable.

I have to order the re-amiga 1200 parts. I currently posses most chipset parts. I would like to socket them all. And building it myself will take time. I have the PCB, so I can start.

It will take a while again before I will update my progression.

Back
Top Bottom