Timtheloon's Checkmate A1500 Plus (A1200 Build)

Timtheloon

retrofanatics.co.uk
Staff member
Staff Moderator
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Hampshire
Hello Retro Users

I would like to share with you my Checkmate A1500 Plus "A1200" Build. I wanted to see what type of machine I could achieve with out Zorro/PCI slots.

I bought the case a while back on Amibay and I am so glad I did its a very versatile case.

Its been a costly experiment but an enjoyable one at the same time

So Here is the Spec

Checkmate A1500 Plus Case with keyboard and Keyrah II
A1200 2B motherboard (I know the back looks like a 1.D.4 Mobo due to the mouse port but I modified it to work with this port)
BPPC @ 330Mhz and 060 rev 6 @ 60 Mhz with 256MB
B-Vision RTG
Indy MKIIcr with Ratte Auto Monitor Switch
FastATA
128GB CF
Freecom CDROM with built in Card Reader.
Clockport Expander II
Prelude 1200 (Original)
Subway USB
USB Keyboard Adapter

Must thank @fitzsteve with the OS to get the Bvision to work

Here are some pictures.

1.JPG4.JPG7.jpg8.jpg
3.JPG5.jpg
2.JPG6.jpg

Last edited:
Added some silent fans to the build, now the only fan I can here is the BPPC which is a good thing I know if it stops :LOL:

58ca2b5705c14ac110ac607a5743567b.jpg

Been transferring the things I like from classicWB to this OS I got from @fitzsteve to make the bvision work

Looks Amazing in my opinion

99aaa3b6dce3a96e7b1133cec1ffda3f.jpg

I reckon thats a fantastic machine you have put together there!
Cool indeed.

I reckon thats a fantastic machine you have put together there!
Cool indeed.

Thanks @CrazyC, I have been closely watching your Checkmate 1500+ Build Blog too, I was torn between the CDROM I have in or using a slot in CDROM but the CDROM with the card reader won in the end.

Looks amazing bud, very nicely put together, I hope you bring it to the next geek fest!

Looks amazing bud, very nicely put together, I hope you bring it to the next geek fest!

So we can benchmark against each other and after I can swap out your BPPC SCSI version like a :ninja: when your :pint:and I'll be like :run:

well Done

well Done

Hi Tim
Looks Great now for the OS4.1 FE and Daul boot LOL look forward to seeing more of your builds Buddy

Hi Tim
Looks Great now for the OS4.1 FE and Dual boot LOL look forward to seeing more of your builds Buddy

@cugar124 once I have sorted out a push switch on the ratte so I can manually switch it for the installation this will be my next upgrade to this machine

Back
Top Bottom