30T accelerator for a CDTV

Pior

Blogger
Country
United States
Region
California
I am looking to see if any one has heard of this 30T accelerator card and if it is compatible with the CDTV. Any details on it or maybe where one can be purchased, found or ask about it would be very helpful
I would be interested in any accelerator card or BigRam CD8 info or recommendations

This accelerator is designed-produced in Poland. There is no "online" web page or something like that to buy it.

Only through a Polish auction web page.

Last edited:
Do you know how I can purchase one or order one.

You have to be present on that Polish auction site with the hope that you will find one from day to day. But if you want there are other options to accelerate the CDTV.

I not only heard of this card, I actually own one. These cards are produced as prototypes and become available on 'allegro', a polish eBay alternative, from time to time. On the CDTV Facebook group we notify each other when we see a card surfacing. Rafal Chyla makes/designs those cards, they then often are produced by Archi-Tec. There is no "ordering" of these cards at the moment, you just have to be patient and grab one as soon as allegro lists them. Allegro has an English version, but the website works decent with Google translator on a as well. Payment options are a bit limited, though, but all major credit cards work.

The 30t cards have an okay'ish pricing point. Those that I saw on sale on Allegro where between 600 and 1.000 pln (aka "Polish Zloty), which equals about 130 and 215 Euro. What you get is a well designed board that fits well into the CDTV casing. It has an 68EC020 at 28MHz with a separate 68882 FPU and a blazing fast (!) IDE connector that reaches 4MB/s with my IDE-SD adaptor and a newer scsi.device. Others reached more than 6MB/s with a Sandisk Extreme CF card. It has 8MB of FastRAM and an additonal 1.5MB that can be added "manually". It also has a commandline tool to set a FastROM/MapROM option. The card may be fitted with a clock IC and a battery or the clockport may be used for a clock device. This way, you can always display the right time even if the CDTV has been plugged out for some time by copying date and time from A to B. The featured clokcport works as clockport and might also work with other clockport expansions if you manage to connect INT6 from somewhere on the CDTV mainboard. The board generally needs INT2 and OVR signals connected with hooks and wires, but that's not a problem as I had to connect the Wicher CDTV exactly the same. As a user on the Facebook group pointed out, the card really needs the latest (!) 2.30 Extended ROMs for the CD drive to work. I run this card with a Kickstart 3.1 and Extended ROMs 2.3 without a problem.

Overall, this is a fantastic card for decent WHDLoad gaming on the CDTV. The Wicher CDTV was bit too slow in comparison.

I prepared a photo album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ioUWQVsYPHjrVDWp7 Feel free to leave comments or ask questions there or on the Facebook thread here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CDTVUG/permalink/3707410239317515

Last edited:
Really interesting. Probably the card I would like to have if/when I’ll have a CDTV... :)

This looks to be what CDTV users are looking for, Thank you for all insight of this card, Looking forward in any more info on this card.

Back
Top Bottom