TF536 and mega chip

cugar124

Country
England
Region
Norfolk
Hi guys has anyone found a solution to be able to use a mega chip and the TF536 in an Amiga 500?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

In theory, yes but in practice not without a relocator board as the 536 or the terrible fire cards sit over the Denise and Agnus chips. What this means is that due to the height of the expansions the TF can't be pushed into the socket. I have ordered 3 68000 sockets from Amikit so will try a simple raise up but that only works for the Agnus no good with the Denise hdmi pi. Another option might be a plug-in Zorro solution for the TF like the 2000 uses but set up in a 3d printed case like the old gvp 030s.

I have chatted to allenPPC the maker of my TF536 he has one Idea which might be a solution also to arananet too to see if they have any idea's if you are reading this please put up your work rounds or if you have avoided buying the TF series because it does not fit also if you have removed your Agnus MegaChips for the TF cards. Anything that might help those designing new cards for Old 500's I don't want a Plus I want my original Type 500 and of course they outnumber the working 500 Pluses due to the dread battery board killer Varta...

Let's get more Old 500's saved and let's figure out great solutions as we always have guys.

Thanks for your comments.

Here's a maybe impossible idea what about a Terrible fire adaptor that fits into the 68k socket and then fits into the Agnus and with the correct memory fitted and a 2mb Agnus gives the user not only 2mb chip ram but the TF 536 too. I am no engineer but I think with someone being creative a board that fits over these two areas could offer many options and I am sure the Agnus part could be Isolated from the 68k part by just not be connected just fitted on the same board.. this could update many older A500's making the crazy mad prices being charged for A500plus un needed by the scalpers

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
PI fitted at last

PI fitted at last

HI Guys after an eventful few Months I have finally managed to get my A500 not the Plus to work with all the upgrades I wanted.

TF536
Mega Chip
HDMI PI
its amazing the HDMI PI looks great I have the ECS INDI V2 and the HDMI Pi does a great job.

Now with the straight 68k relocator it goes over the Denise and the Mega chip is left alone the Denise HDMI is one I got from a great fellow on FB best part is the HDMI PI adaptor is powered as well so no under volting of the PI.

Attachments

• a500.jpg
    a500.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 12
  • tf536.jpg
    tf536.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom