Not open for further replies.

brassicGamer

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
East Sussex
I have a peculiar 486 motherboard that it requires additional TAG chips to the simple additional one you would expect for the level 2 cache. I have the correct cache for 512KB cache, but not the correct TAG chips. They are:

- Two pieces 16K x 1 bit SRAM, 22 pin, <= 20ns

I hope that makes sense. These chips are not commonly available, only 16K x 4 or 20-pin versions, which are incompatible. I guess this is the kind of thing that people would have in their collection but not necessarily appreciate what it is, or know that it might be desirable to someone. Thanks in advance.

Edit: decided to use my existing tag chips as I found some 128Kx8 elsewhere. It actually works, as long as I don't run at 50MHz.

Last edited:
The part you're looking for is also called P4C187. You might find them on ebay. I'll also take a look if I have any left in my stock.

Bryce.

Last edited:
ebay links

Thanks for the links. The Italian listing only has one item remaining, and the other is in America. I could have searched eBay internationally if I wanted to, but spending £30 is something I would like to leave as a final desperate move if a more reasonable private sale doesn't materialise here.

It it useful, however, to know the part number as many chips are not listed by spec.

Hello BrassicGamer,

i have only 1 X MT5C4601-15 in my old stock: i have also more 16kb*4bit like QS8888-15 and MCM6287P35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom