Not open for further replies.

prasad

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
In need of a working power supply for an A3000. Genuine or third-party, either option is ok.
The original unit that needs replacing is a 120V~4A psu but I'll happily accept a 240V~2A unit too.
Shipping to Australia is preferred, however shipping to an address in Europe or the US can be arranged.

I have a working 120V original A3000D PSU, but the power switch/spring mechanism is broken. The plastic from it is broken off and the spring is missing. I don't know if it is fixable. I can send some photos if you're interested. Maybe you could take the mechanism from your previous unit?
Shipping to Australia would be quite expensive I think.

Hello Prasad.
The original PSU of the 3000 can easily be modified to work on 220/240V just by removing a black wire on the PSU PCB.
It is a bridge to bypass half of the transformer, open that bridge and your PSU will work in Australia...

I am currently converting my 120V Power Supply to 240V. I chose to remove the wire completely, others like to cover the end in heat shrink
but there is a slight/miniscule chance that it could short to the chassis and destroy everything.

A3000-PS_120vto240v.jpg

Bought the 3000 non working and PS fuse was blown, it had blown Power Transistor Q1, Q2, the bridge rectifier and a couple of resistors.

Thank you to everyone who responded. Ultimately I ended up shipping my faulty PSU to MadMungo to both repair and convert it to 240V. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :cool:

Last edited:
I have a working 120V original A3000D PSU, but the power switch/spring mechanism is broken. The plastic from it is broken off and the spring is missing. I don't know if it is fixable. I can send some photos if you're interested. Maybe you could take the mechanism from your previous unit?
Shipping to Australia would be quite expensive I think.

Hey Bunta714,

Could I be so bold as to possibly take you up on your offer to Prasad for the Power Supply? After a bit more diagnosing of mine, I have found that T3 is open circuit on the main winding rendering it only good for parts as you cannot buy a replacement.

I have a wanted ad for dead units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom