A4000T Rom socket position?

Woz

Country
UK
Region
Carmarthenshire
Hi all, just to clarify as I'm going to solder on the Rom sockets on my A4000T motherboards. I have an original Amiga Technologies boards that almost completed and one of the great reproduction models off tbtorro. Looking through pictures etc of the original Amiga Technologies boards the sockets are located to the Left but reading through tbtorro's advice/tips he says to locket the sockets to the Right? Could someone clarify which is the correct position for these?
A4000T Rev 4 HR Pic Motherboard.jpg

Last edited:
Reread his advise because where to solder the sockets for the rom counts on what type of rom chip you are using. Tbtorro use to have a small site up that showed the process of him putting together one of these board, with a lot of pictures which was great, it is no longer up for some reason. If you are using the 27c400 eprom they go to the right, if the KS Rom they go left. Now it has something to do with the pin outs on the chip.

Hi, thanks for your help, I going to use an official, KS 3.1.4 chip? So would I solder the sockets to the left? Would DiagRom work if I position them to the left as well?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom