error 7 in drive description

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Hi. I'm trying to set up a MSATA 64gb card that's in a IDE usb case. The hdtoolbox see's it as this.. Manufacturers Name SCANDISK and Drive Name SSD U100 64GB.. But when I click of install I get this error.. Need help please..

Thanks..

Last edited:
Card must already be partitioned for use in Windows, in which case the MBR (Master Boot Record) already present needs wiping.

If the card is plugged into a PC, you can use the DISKPART command to achieve this.

The procedure is explained and a how-to is shown here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

Do not proceed past step 7 if you plan on using the card in an Amiga or WinUAE. Go directly to step 13.

Also, if you plan on using the card in WinUAE, ensure that WinUAE is 'run as administrator' before you try hdtoolbox again or you may run into problems.

Last edited:
Card must already be partitioned for use in Windows, in which case the MBR (Master Boot Record) already present needs wiping.

If the card is plugged into a PC, you can use the DISKPART command to achieve this.

The procedure is explained and a how-to is shown here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

Do not proceed past step 7 if you plan on using the card in an Amiga or WinUAE. Go directly to step 13.

Also, if you plan on using the card in WinUAE, ensure that WinUAE is 'run as administrator' before you try hdtoolbox again or you may run into problems.

HI. I did all that using diskpart (to clean the ssd card first), and and then run winuae as 'administrator' (hdtoolbox see's the ssd) You see I plan on using the card in my real Amiga 2000. But just trying to partition it in winuae I ran into the problem. I have no problems getting a CF card or real hd setup in winuae.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried from the beginning again. But still the same error. Must be the SSD card or windows didn't wipe it.. Oh Now when I click on install the message is "will destroy all data on the drive, so I click on OK but still stays on the same screen. Doesn't go to the partition screen..

Last edited:
That sounds more like incompatibility than a fault with the drive I'm afraid.

It's that old saga of one brand works better than another by all accounts :(

In the past I've overcome this by writing a working image to the drive then using Thomas' HD resize tool to correct the drive size and added the extra partitions, bit of a faff but worked for me.

Yeah I was thinking the same " incompatibility".. I will use it to store all my Amiga files on it.. OH well...

Last edited:
Have you tried to partition it in your Amiga? I would never trust that task to Windows/WinUAE, PC's always read different values to what the Amiga does from disks.

Back
Top Bottom