Sold A600 RGBtoHDMI PLCC version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received.

Mine seems a bit reluctant to stay clipped to denise, particularly at the left side looking from the front of the amiga - any tips? It's on there now but I don't want it to 'poing' off if the machine gets moved etc...

Interested in one if new batch is planned.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sand the socket a bit, placing it flat on a piece of sandpaper, its probably the excess distance between socket plastic and pins making it fall off.

Used similar fix after replacing a vampire socket, worked fine.

Received.

Mine seems a bit reluctant to stay clipped to denise, particularly at the left side looking from the front of the amiga - any tips? It's on there now but I don't want it to 'poing' off if the machine gets moved etc...

I'll give that a go, cheers. There doesn't look to be any excess plastic from the pin tops when looking at it under the scope though...

Last edited:
I'll give that a go, cheers. There doesn't look to be any excess plastic from the pin tops when looking at it under the scope though...

It's already sanded, but for unknown reasons and for some chips, plcc need more adjustments (be carefull).
Same phenomen for the 68K PLCC for my Furia600.

I looked very closely under my scope and the left hand side was slightly less sanded - a few passes on low grit paper levelled things off and it's much better now.

I looked very closely under my scope and the left hand side was slightly less sanded - a few passes on low grit paper levelled things off and it's much better now.

Perfect, thanks for your feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Package received. Thank you!
Will test it out as soon as I can.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ha, I'm now getting a blue/purple colour caste with the adapter fitted, both on HDMI & on RGB out - I suspect one of the denise pins has a corroded/cracked solder joint which the adapter is pushing away from the main board when it's clipped on. It's all fun and games with these old machines - will give it a reflow at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom