Closed Cyberstorm PPC, Cybervision PPC with two connectors and Commodore A2386SX Bridgeboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corum

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Northrhine Westphalia
I'm looking for a working cyberstorm PPC, a Cybervision PPC with two connectors and a Commodore A2386SX Brigeboard.

Please drop me a PN if you have one or more of these items for sale.

Got a cybervision PPC and a cyberstorm PPC..
The only remaining card I'm still looking for is a Commodore A386SX Bridgeboard

Still looking for an A2386SX Bridgeboard

Last edited:
That card will degrade the zorro bus and os if you run it in that ppc 060 system, had the same setup for a whike but moved the A2386sx card to a vannila A2000 <3

That card will degrade the zorro bus and os if you run it in that ppc 060 system, had the same setup for a whike but moved the A2386sx card to a vannila A2000 <3
Why? I have mine in a 68060 with no problem.

Commondores official recomendations are use enforcer program and switch off all cache in CPU with setCPU program, this will impact perf. Especially on 060

@Xanxi do you run it with any isa cards ?

And it are a z2 card in a z3 bus making wait states if you have any z3 cards

Yes i have discreet VGA and audio ISA cards, and some Z3 boards as well (ZZ9000, Deneb). I think i don't have to use Enforcer or that it is carried by some patch in the flashrom of my Deneb (works since more than 10 years that way).

Don't know how clean the bridgeboard software are and the Janus.library if all CGA and MDA emulation are switched of with the jumpers you might have zero picture data passsed back through the zorro2 interface, if you have some janus harddisk emulation on a lot of data will load down the zorro buss to half speed impacting your zorro3 performance

Don't know if Bridgeboard software 2.1 automatically switches off cpu caches,,,

Had dual A2088xt since 1991 and got my A2386sx around 2011

I recomend you to run Amiga Forever with your Amiga hard disk install cause AF can emulate A2386sx and save you the hassle to pull out Zorro cards and do some AF performance test

If you have an A2000 i highly recomend you to put the card there ,,, after all it are called A2386 not A3386 or A4386 :-D <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom