Thread: BlizKick tutorial?

Default BlizKick tutorial?

I have a 1200 with a 1230 MK4 Blizzard card, and I want to switch the kickstart to boot old software from a 1.3 hard drive image (basically it is a CF card that contains 1.3 OS and software; which won't run using 3.1 roms).

I know about relokick and other variants of rom boot applications, but my blizzard card has a mode to boot from a different rom, using BlizKick. Got that from aminet but now I have no clue how to use it. From some info collected online I understand that I need to add to the startup-sequence on the 1.3 hard drive image, the line to have BlizKick to load the 1.3 rom, although I have no idea how to do that; and I found no tutorials about how to use BlizKick.

Does anyone have info about how to use it or where to find step by step instructions? Thanks

Online Gangster Amibayer! fitzsteve's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Feedback
    1030 (100%)
    Blog Entries

From what I recall you have to call each module individually, it was quite a pain to setup all the OS3.9 modules although I did get it working eventually. It's probably easier just to use a Relokick Disk. The included docs should explain the process.

Note that your mileage may vary even with 1.3 rom it may not run due to the advanced chipset.
    My YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fitzsteve

CD32 + TF330, A500+ Vampire V2, A1200D + BPPC/BVision/SCSI2SD, A1200T Black Box + Mediator B1260 + Killer K1 PPC

Thanks; so the whole setup is not something simple to do I guess. I never used this application so I am totally clueless. BTW I am using 3.1 ROM with 3.1 WB currently; not sure if that is simpler than 3.9.
    What are the downside of a relokick? I was told that it is not as good as using Blizkick since that won't reside in fast mem but in chip mem

Finger lickin' good Amibayer! matt020's Avatar
    Country
    Western Australia
    Region:
    Western Australia
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

Blizkick is a good piece of software if your accelerator will work with it.

Syntax is:

Blizkick <rom file name> CPUCARD QUIET

So in my A4000, the first line of startup sequence is:

C:/Blizkick Devs:314.rom CPUCARD QUIET

And boom, 3.1.4 rom gets loaded and its just like having actual roms installed into the machine.
    Amiga 1000/500/2000/3000/600/1200/4000/CD32, and a C64