elvenwood

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi,

I have a CyberStorm MkIII which I acquired a few years back. It’s always been a little unstable, so I fitted a fan to the 060, and did note when doing so that that the socket it’s plugged into looks in bad condition. Upon reconnecting it in my A4000D, I have been unable to boot past a black screen (also the Caps lock key stops responding after 7 presses) so I guess the CPU is no longer running, and I may have affected the seating of the 060 chip while fitting it.

I have tried wiggling/pressing on the chip to no avail, but not tried reseating the chip as I don’t have anything for extracting the chip.

I do have another CyberStorm MkII which after connecting showed the Amiga itself is working fine (unfortunately doesn’t have the SCSI module so no way of connecting my drives without the MkIII).

Looking someone who is able to repair my CS MkIII (possibly need to replace the 060 socket from what I see from the side under the chip), and perform a general “service” on the other card components as necessary?

I am based in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

Thanks

Colin

I would contact Hese in this forum - he has a thread offering repair services. He has done amazing work for my amigas and cannot recommend him highly enough!!!

I would contact Hese in this forum - he has a thread offering repair services. He has done amazing work for my amigas and cannot recommend him highly enough!!!

Thanks - I did try and PM him, but apparently I don't have enough posts to do so. This reply hopefully will give me enough to do so... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom