Closed RGBTOHDMI Adapter for CDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received - thank you! Positive feedback left.

Has anyone else fitted theirs yet? I'm getting sparkling pixels, particularly at right hand edges of some icons where there is a dark edge transitioning to the grey WB screen. Are there any settings to combat this, or do we need a CPLD version?
The RBGtoHDMI in my A500 just worked out of the box with no issues.

Thank you for any advice... :)

Hi, I am testing all rgbtohdmi adapter with amiga sys video color bar, I could not realise any sparkling pixels, any chance to test another cdtv or a500

- - - Updated - - -

I read on rgbtohdmi github page adding 47uf between pin 10 and 11 should solve sparkling problem,

Hi, I am testing all rgbtohdmi adapter with amiga sys video color bar, I could not realise any sparkling pixels, any chance to test another cdtv or a500

- - - Updated - - -

I read on rgbtohdmi github page adding 47uf between pin 10 and 11 should solve sparkling problem,

Thanks ozkano, I've been doing some reading and looking at the schems. I think it 47pF and between pind 9 and 11 (Gnd and PiCLK). I've ordered some caps, I'll report back when I've tried them. I think the sparkles are down to the individual timings of the CDTV, it's not an issue with your board.

What is everyone doing to bring the HDMI out of the CDTV? I'm thinking of using a mini HDMI on a ribbon so I can thread it under the board and bring it out at the SCSI expansion plate.

Don't suppose you do a CDTV version of PiStorm that will fit with the lid closed...? :D

I have been looking at various solutions for my CDTV on RGBtoHDMI, and I'm seeing more machines being added to the list that are converting from analog RGB. Considering this and the space under the CDTV for the video module - a board plugging into this port that uses the analog RGB (rather than the digital from the Denise chip) this could be a simple plug and play solution (?), without the extra ribbon to the pi..

I suppose getting the analog signals back to digital might add some lag.. would this change the output quality by much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom