Closed ZX80 Computer + 3k RAM Pack + brand new PSU, tested and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelord

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Channel Islands
Region
NA
I've had this since the 90s but it's mostly been in storage. I've not used it much and haven't modded it at all. What you get:

• ZX80
  • Replacement top cover white plastic rivets
  • Brand new switching PSU
  • Sinclair 1-3k RAM pack with 3k RAM
  • TV Aerial cable

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Sadly the CDTV visible in some shots isn't included ;)

As you can see in the pictures the display and keyboard works perfectly. To save costs the ZX80 doesn't generate the standard PAL TV back porch signal. Modern TVs don't deal with this well. There are many back porch and composite mods online if you want to make this work with modern TVs. I just kept it stock. The ZX80 is very fiddly about audio connections and provides no visible feedback. I couldn't test the ear and mic functions as I don't have a cassette recorder or the right leads.

I peeked and poke addresses across the 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B and 3A, 3B ram pack ranges indicating 3k present. The famous RAM pack wobble effect is strong here. Folded paper helps but expect to swear a lot when using it.

Some of the original top shell white rivets are missing. I have replacements but I won't put them in as you might want to mod back porch or RF modulator before closing the lid. The rivets may be new but the ZX80's plastics are over 40 years old. The less stress on them (by plugging in and removing rivets) the better.

Everything will be neatly and lovingly packed for shipping by insured post to the UK mainland only. Price is £250 plus postage. Will also be listed elsewhere on auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom