For Sale TF1260: 68060 based accelerator for the A1200, the official sales thread

If the sale is now official and open to anyone does this mean firmware upgrade is now available for all or shall we still send our cards to the builder when an upgrade is required?
And the next question is: can we sell our cards (2nd hand) at reasonable price, of course, if we have other projects?
Thank you.

I’ll wait for Alenppc to confirm but from what Stephen had said

“firmware updates or not available for cards sold on 2nd hand due to scalpers on eBay and the likes with his products “

his aim is an affordable reasonably priced addition to the Amiga accelerator range.

as per Amibay rules scalping will get you banned. If found to be scalping no matter where you purchased from if you sell with the sole aim to profit your membership here will be cancelled.

If the sale is now official and open to anyone does this mean firmware upgrade is now available for all or shall we still send our cards to the builder when an upgrade is required?
And the next question is: can we sell our cards (2nd hand) at reasonable price, of course, if we have other projects?
Thank you.

We will find a way to make it possible for people to update their cards at home without sending them back, especially for more distant locations.

The resale condition will be lifted eventually, this is only in place for the moment to deter people from buying a card and reselling it 2 weeks later for profit (which has happened).

@Alen: thanks for your reply, much more positive than Sardine’s one, fortunately.
I’ll talk to Chucky who built mine, anyway, if I want to let mine go (which is not decided yet as I am a reluctant seller - bought 10,000 Amiga related items in the last 20 years but sold only 7 that I have regretted immediately after... lol).
The upgrade question is the most sensitive one for me as I am now based in Australia... Shipping costs are killer (1/4 of the price of the card for a return ticket to EU...).

Just passing on what Stephen has said.

I can’t stop people selling their TF1260s but to stop people flipping them for a profit we don’t give firmware updates if you sell the card on.

TF1260: 68060 based accelerator for the A1200, the official sales thread

@Sardine: if your messages are for me I’m well aware of this and have no intention of selling my board for a profit... if I sell it!
By the way I’m well aware that the «*author*» is making good money on each card sold for himself, and I also know what the BOM of these boards really costs...
I have no problem with that but we are FAR AWAY from the original spirit of the TF cards which was low cost cards for everyone, yeah! So please spare us with the quotes of the author...
Anyway, I’ll stop here polluting this post as I respect AlenPPC a lot and this post is his.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I would be interested in purchasing option 2.

Thanks!
Don

2) TF1260 with LC060 CPU: $360 USD

Already done and PM sent. Not sure if you fabricate these to order or have some stock for shipping - just let me know your paypal info when ready.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom