Large Hard Drive Installation

None of it is installed at the moment as I am trying to resolve the 4GB limiting issue before pressing ahead.

Is this thread the way to go for success?

k6

I believe cause the only way to go for success in the GVP controller about the 4 Gb limit, is the Guru Rom.
Although has been asked again and again a reproduction from the Amiga world, Mr Babel do not hear that!:mad:
As for his cheap excuses for remaining stock here and there, let me say...........:LOL::LOL:

Ah yes, the famous Guru ROM, as rare as Martian sweat these days.

Had a look around, plenty of people have the ROM code for making EPROMS, but all useless without the mini adaptor board and the GAL chip/code.
The GAL seems to fool the controller into thinking the 27256 32 Kb ROM is split into 2, odd and even parity sections. Apparently this does something to alter the apparent address space available? Is this correct?

Does anyone either have a Guru ROM upgrade for a GVP HC8+ Version 2, revision 2....or another way to get my 18 GB 10,000 rpm HP SCSI drive fully used by Amiga?

If not, I might just format/partition it to the MAX 3.37GB allowed by the OS and forget about the rest (14.63GB) of the drive....seems like a waste though.

Thanks for all your replies

K6

i tried these steps in winuae, but my drive still shows up with only 2 partitions...and its 20 gb but shows up as 2 partitions of 4 gb...after patching hdtoolbox :( help....

:Doh:

Back
Top Bottom