Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi All,

Don't see many people using this section these days, I guess there's better ways to share your images and projects but thought I'd share some pics of the TF1260 I got from Superdupa as it's all up and running now. (Thanks Mark for the A+++ service (y))

Firstly I must say that I'm really impressed, it's a very well designed product and fantastic build quality, it's the little things I like that it fits the A1200 with the trapdoor closed, the CPU runs a lot cooler than I was expecting (especially as I just bought a cheap EC chip for now) and so far since installing it's worked perfectly with no issues to report.

Here's some pics of my setup; the TF1260 replaces an 8mb Ram board I had in this Amiga:

8.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg

Very nice! Are you considering a full 68060?

In case you’re looking to clock it a bit higher, you might want to put some passive heatsinks on the CLPD’s. Helped me get it running stable at 75MHz, while before it would barely do 62,5.

Here’s some pictures of mine. The hearsink on the CPU is probably a bit overkill on my rev 6 freescale. The heatsinks on the CLPD’s do make sense.

Heatsinks on CLPD’s are 20x20mm, they fit perfectly on the CLPD’s. Heatsink on the CPU was made by myself from an existing heatsink. No special tools, just a file, sandpaper and time. Quite tricky to get the right angle.

c1df3668bc271d6e3b291c1926d2a123.jpg

b82fc80d22b139b012423d8a4ad7ae62.jpg

Silly question, but are the CLPD heatsinks just secured by thermal paste?

I'm also interested to know the process you followed for the CPU heatsink. I was intending to fit a fan/ heatsink combo to mine if there's room...

Cheers,

AndyC

Last edited:
Silly question, but are the CLPD heatsinks just secured by thermal paste?

I'm also interested to know the process you followed for the CPU heatsink. I was intending to fit a fan/ heatsink combo to mine if there's room...

Cheers,

AndyC

Thermal adhesive/glue. Right now running Quake on my rev 6 freescale, the CPU only gets warm at 75MHz. No fan needed. Can’t go higher than 75MHz, waiting for the new firmware to be finalised.

Here's some pics of my setup; the TF1260 replaces an 8mb Ram board I had in this Amiga:

Same here :)

Have you tried the 1260 IDE yet?

I'm hoping to have a play over the weekend with it.

My board came with heatsinks on the CPLDs, I bought a pack of 9mm x 9mm x 4mm heatsinks and put them on my rev 5 full 060 like legos, arranging them until most of the chip was covered (couldn't cover the very bottom of the CPU since it would hit the keyboard, but it kinda ends up using the whole keyboard as a heatsink too since it makes contact). Stable at 62 MHz, not so stable at 75.

Cool, thanks.

I can get mine to run from cold for a wee while at 80 MHz, but it falls over eventually. I have a fan inside the case which helps a wee bit, but that is situated over the Indivision. I'll pick up some heat sinks for the CLPDs and see if that helps.

Stephen will be updating the firmware for me in the next couple of weeks so will be doing a fresh 3.2 install and setting it up to use the TF1260 IDE for the system volume. Hoping to get the card stable above the 80 MHz mark if I can. I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

AndyC

3.2 runs great btw with this board as well, that's the way to go. I've had no problems at all with it, and use all the usual MMULib stuff from aminet like MuFastRom. I kept 3.1 ROMs in the A1200 and use MuFastRom for the maprom-type functionality. Definitely makes things snappier. As does the MuEVD driver for ShapeShifter.

Look nice and would be wise to put CPU Cooler on CPU to cool the CPU Down!

Mount a blower fan and tap both the 5V and ground from the floppy drive power cable. Once the chipset and CPU have their heatsinks in place, things should then run nice and cool with the air being blown over them. You might even be able to push the CPU towards (and beyond maybe) 80Mhz whilst remaining nice and stable in the process :)

Very nice! Are you considering a full 68060?

Thanks for the kund words. I'd love a Rev6 060 for it, wish I'd bought a couple and kept them to one side but I can't justify the price right now, for me the performance is enough in this machine as I have other faster PPC setups as well as a Vampire 500. Nice Heatsink solution by the way

Same here :)

I'm hoping to have a play over the weekend with it.

Yes I did, you need to load the ide driver so not bootable unless you rom it, gave 5mb/sec as per screenshot. Definitely worth it for storage, games, etc. Small CF to boot and the rest on the TF IDE.

Look nice and would be wise to put CPU Cooler on CPU to cool the CPU Down!

No need in my case, the CPU doesn't even get more than warm to the touch, but of course if you're overclocking you will want to

Last edited:

Yes I did, you need to load the ide driver so not bootable unless you rom it, gave 5mb/sec as per screenshot. Definitely worth it for storage, games, etc. Small CF to boot and the rest on the TF IDE.

That's what I was going to do over the weekend.

Have fun with it Dave, really a great bit of kit. I need to setup the display to use highgfx on my Indivision and need to grab another CF card as I borrowed the one off my CD32 for the storage drive.

See you bought a CPU of Stan, nice. I have a Rev5 on my BPPC which happily runs at 66mhz without getting too hot.

I've got a few small CFs I can send you one if you want?

I was going to keep it as the LC but then decided to spend the pennies from my selling threads :D

I'm good thanks I probably have one or two in boxes I just forget what I buy and where I left it half the time lol.

I did think of selling some spares to get the full 060, maybe I will. I have real difficulty selling stuff these days!

Looks great, Steve!

the beta firmware is great, the ram speed is very impressive now. Fingers crossed for a chip ram speed bump in the next release! I’m also hoping for >80mhz too :)

No need in my case, the CPU doesn't even get more than warm to the touch, but of course if you're overclocking you will want to

Good to hear. Yes, I have bought it :)

Looks great, Steve!

the beta firmware is great, the ram speed is very impressive now. Fingers crossed for a chip ram speed bump in the next release! I’m also hoping for >80mhz too :)

Good to hear there's progress on the firmware, is it user upgradable?

I used to have a Blizzard 1260 @80mhz it was rapid, a nice speed 060 to have, I regret that I sold that, I remember getting criticism for the price at the time but it was only what it owed me (price of the 1240 I bought plus the upgrade, was Rev6 CPU) I'd buy it back now in a second lol

I did have a flick through some of my old sales a shed a tear or two ha ha

Back
Top Bottom