Mediator Multimedia CD 2.1

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hi all who have mediators i dont know if you have seen this
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mediator tools [/FONT]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymvzh0j4gniuju4/kA7go8Gnw6

http://web.archive.org/web/20040603201805/http://vgr.com/mediator/software3rdparty.shtml
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://web.archive.org/web/200312121...dication.shtml

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]name[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]version[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]date[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]location[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pci.library[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.6 beta [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting from this pci.library in Mediator PCI 1200TX working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers). You can even use 250 MB of the Radeon memory as regular Amiga memory!

Use MedConfig (ver.1.9) to allocate the required gfx card memory to the Amiga system.

i have just got my radeon working on the first mediator1200 i hope this works with this

list of supported devices http://www.elbox.com/mediator_driver_guide.html
list of drivers http://www.elbox.com/downloads_mediator.html
list of versions of mediator http://buy.elbox.com/cgibin/shop?show=2BB

for any one having problems with sound use ghostmix
[/FONT]http://aminet.net/package/driver/audio/GhostMix

To Install GhostMix, follow the following steps:
1. Copy GMStart to c:
2. Copy GhostMix and GhostMix.info to Prefs
3. From a Shell, type "GhostMix SAVE" to save your current settings ready for use from the next reboot
4. Change the line in user-sequence that says "MIXER NoGUI QUIET" to "GMStart"

pci.library 9.7 21 Dec 2010 Libs:
FastEthernet.device 1.25 21 Nov 2010 Devs:Networks
Virge.card 1.13 27 Dec 2010 Libs
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Poseidon 4.4 stack

for spider put in
Devs:USBHardware

install posiden 4.4

delete the devices in trident

open a cli and enter:
AddUSBHardware Devs:USBHardware/spider.device 2
AddUSBHardware Devs:USBHardware/spider.device 0
AddUSBHardware Devs:USBHardware/spider.device 1

it will then add 3 devices

2 for each set of ochi ports and i think the ehci high speed part

Mine is set to 8.
envarc:mediator/SpiderBuf

had to put it in the last slot 4 and needs to below voodoo/radeon to work

Last edited:
Yes, installed latst software & configured my system. Got an extra 16mb fast ram ;)

hi wurzel what version of mediator do you have i have not had chance to try yet

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Christmas Gifts from E[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lbox
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][24 December 2010][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Elbox Computer wishes Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Amiga users!

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For a Christmas Gift, Elbox will release the new pci.library, which allows to use the PCI gfx cards' memory (Voodoo 3/4/5 and Radeon 9000/9200/9250) as Amiga system memory also for users of Mediators for A1200. The minimum hardware requirement for this feature is an Amiga 1200 computer with any A1200 Mediator model (1200, ZIV, 1200LT2, 1200LT4, 1200SX, 1200TX), a turbo card based on 68030 with MMU and the Voodoo 3 or Radeon 9200 gfx card. In case of the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Radeon gfx card[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] the new drivers enable adding even up to 250 MB of DDR400 SDRAM to the A1200 system memory!

For Amiga 3000 and 4000 users, Elbox extends
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the bundle offer[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] till the end of the year for the Mediator PCI busboards for A3000 and A4000 computers with a special 5V-only version of the Mobility Radeon 9200 gfx card with 256MB of fast
SGRAM memory.

If you plan on purchasing any Elbox products in near future, do it by the end of this year. With the New Year, prices for most of them (Mediators, FastATA, memory expansions, etc.) will go up about 30%. This will be due to much higher costs of the components used in the production. Most of the necessary connectors and 5V CPLD chips are now very difficult to acquire and much more expensive than ever before.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Elbox Computer Team[/FONT]

download new pci.library (ver.9.7)
from http://elbox.com/download/pci9.7/pci.library

Copy new pci.library to the Libs: drawer. Before restarting computer
set up your Mediator variables using the MedConfig script (ver.1.9)
running in the configuration mode. For using gfx card memory as A1200
system memory you have to set the Envarc:Mediator/MMU variable to Yes.
VoodooMem and RadeonMem variables define how many memory is used by P96
system, the rest of it is configured as A1200 system memory.

You can always check how many gfx card memory works as system memory
using the ShowConfig program. Gfx card memory added to the Amiga system
has always specific attributes - $2005 (FAST). This memory is also
accessible by the PCI busmaster cards working in the DMA mode.

The speed of this memory from Amiga processor accesses is limited by
hardware design of the Amiga CPU slot interface of your turbo card.
This speed varies from 5 MB/s to 13 MB/s depending of the turbo card
model. The speed from PCI busmaster cards sitting in the PCI slots of
Mediator busboard is limited by gfx card design. For Radeon 9200 based
on M9+ chipset write speed is up to 128 MB/s (in the burst mode), read
speed is up to 50 MB/s.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]

this works great i have 96mb off my radeon 128mb
and 8 mb of my voodoo3 16mb
but can be changed to suit with the medconfig from the cd update 2
so this give me 230mb fast
[/FONT]

Last edited:
hi wurzel what version of mediator do you have i have not had chance to try yet

I've got the 1200TX. I don't think it works with the SX version.

Also, downloaded the V9.7 library, seems to be very stable.

hi all there is an update for the virge driver here
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] pci.library[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.7[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FastEthernet.device[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.25[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Nov 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Devs:Networks[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virge.card[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.13[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]27 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:

Picasso96
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting from pci.library ver. 9.6b in Mediator PCI 1200TX working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers).

Starting from pci.library ver. 9.7 in all Mediators for A1200 (Mediator 1200, ZIV, LT2, LT4, SX, TX) working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers).

You can even use 250 MB of the Radeon memory as regular Amiga memory! The compatible Radeon gfx card you can purchase in the
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Elbox Online Store[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

Use MedConfig (ver.1.9) to allocate the required gfx card memory to the Amiga system.
[/FONT]

@ Staff

Can we have this thread Stickied & moved to AmiOracle please? - Most worthy indeed imo. :nod:

Kin

thanks kin and staff for this being moved and stickied will keep updated

hi all there is an update for the virge driver here

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mediator Multimedia CD 2.1 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pci.library[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.7[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FastEthernet.device[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.25[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Nov 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Devs:Networks[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virge.card[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.13[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]27 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Picasso96[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting from pci.library ver. 9.6b in Mediator PCI 1200TX working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers). [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting from pci.library ver. 9.7 in all Mediators for A1200 (Mediator 1200, ZIV, LT2, LT4, SX, TX) working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can even use 250 MB of the Radeon memory as regular Amiga memory! The compatible Radeon gfx card you can purchase in the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Elbox Online Store[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use MedConfig (ver.1.9) to allocate the required gfx card memory to the Amiga system.[/FONT]

Just swapped my Voodoo 5500 for a Radeon 9200 with 256mb ram. I`ve now got over 400mb Ram in my miggy now ;)

Got the Radeon from another bay, from a chinese seller, just got lucky I guess, that it worked ;)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pci.library[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.7[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virge.card[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.13[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]27 Dec 2010[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libs:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Picasso96[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting from pci.library ver. 9.6b in Mediator PCI 1200TX working in the MMU mode the part of the Radeon and Voodoo gfx card memory can be added to the Amiga 1200 system memory (like in the A3000 and A4000 computers). [/FONT]

Hi johnim,

I don't want to hijack your thread m8, but the new libraries crashes my A4KD based on Mediator 4000D, Voodoo3 3000 & Elbox Radeon 9200 256MB.

I attached the working ones and also a Vendors.txt dated 14th February.

View attachment Libs_A4KD.zip

Maybe this can help some users.

Best wishes

no worries merlinkv any update or info is good for our amigas

thankyou for you input

merlinkv pci.lib file is version 9.4 just for info

@werzel thankyou for your input too

hi you can install the latest drivers from my links.

what mediator version do you have
and what cards to go into it
john

hi you can install the latest drivers from my links.

what mediator version do you have
and what cards to go into it
john

Hello Johnim

Thanks for your reply. I have the Mediator 1200TX. The cards I plan to use now are:
1) Radeon 9250 to use as fast mem and gfx
2) Radeon 9250 to use as fast mem only
3) SB LIVE!
4) Ethernet card from Amigakit

I want to start from scratch you see and had one a nightmare installing the drivers and configuring everthing when I first got it. And to do that I need an install script don't I, if anything to make it easier?

Should say actually that the original setup was using :
1) SB 128
2) Voodoo 5500
3) Generic Network card

But am now ditching the original setup to make use of the new Radeon drivers and features. I also did email Elbox weeks ago about getting the CD, but no reply. Funnily enough I was supposed to recieve email updates as well from them but in 2-3 years only got one update.

Hi. ;)

No Spyder usb driver for os4.1classic? :(

Regards
Pedro

The Poseidon USB stack works with OS4.1 Classic but I've never tested a Spider. My Subway USB works fine in OS4.1 Classic :)

I don't have a Spider card but I doubt it will work, since DMA is required. And Mediator can't do DMA on OS4.x.

john,i cant find this in envarc:(copied from first post)

Mine is set to 8.
envarc:mediator/SpiderBuf

what does it do? as mine seems to work without it.

hi roy I think its a memory buffer. add it yourself and see if your speed increases

btw what speeds you getting

Back
Top Bottom