How to use the Buddha part of the Catweasel ZII?

yep had a look and got BuddhaIDE in my expansion draw
used disk from here http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/buddha

but got me thinking I may not need it as this is the card I have
Catweasel Z-II "S-Class" http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/catweaselz2s

I`ll check on the 2000 later and report back

certainly know it don`t like cf cards with out doobrys patch and you may be interested that atapi dos not just mean CD`s

edit:

right I know more now as I just plugged my Catweasel Z-II "S-Class" into the A2000 and with out haveing to install anything it picked up
my ide HDD yay. so seems I got a bit carried away installing drivers when I was playing with the 5.25"FDD but thats a diffrent story

Now the Bad news sounds like you may have blown something on the card. If I get chance I`ll confirm which budda.device u need to use to format your HDD

Last edited:
The case is solved my friends.

I have sent an email to Jens Schoenfeld and he kindly helped me with some explanations to reflash the ROM of the catweasel z2 S CLass.
Actually, i was not able to flash the rom due to some issue, but in the lha file he pointed to me, i found a file called CatweaselIDE. I put that in Expansion and then scsi.device appeared after a boot from my SCSI drive and everything is fine with harddrives now.

Until now, i had just BuddhaIDE in Expansion and the proper file was not in my install disk for some reason.

This computer is an A2000 by the way.

Thanks to evrybody for the time spent helping me.
Now i'm going back to my next problem: how to make my A2386 bridgeboard works for good :D I could use your help about that later. Still looking after someone who DO use this board (y)

Manual or help wanted

Manual or help wanted

Time for reanimation.

I have the same problem with a catweasel Z II S-Class. There is no special manual and/ or I can't find it online, but it is now possible again to get the MKII manual. First failure, the Amiga drive is not working with the catweasel. Ok, back to the board of the Amiga.

My Amiga is a 4000 and I tried it with an external slot CF reader, internally hooked on it directly to the catweasel and also a 4GB DOM with 2,5" to 3,5" adapter and I tried a true IDE, same result. How can I find the CF or DOM? Which device should I use? KS is 3.1 and I took the install disk from 3.1.4. cwdisk0100.lha and mdisk362.lha are also here on disks.

Next question: Which IDE controller is the better choice? Board or catweasel? I want to use the external CF and also an internal one or maybe two. The CDROM should be external and the second floppy too. How would you connect everything?

It would be great, if someone can help me out... Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom