Project: A4000D Tower conversion

Awesome update - love the LED's for the SCSI/IDE (y)

I might see if the Father-in-Law is up for helping me with a similar project, something like this would be a great replacment for my Fugly A4K Elbox Power Tower :cool:

Steve.

Small update today. (one new picture)
Made a couple of extenders for the Mouse/joy.port.

Things still needed to be done:
- Make mounting for the HDD / 3.5"
- Make a holder for the thing that holds the zorro daughterboard.
- Make hole for 92mm fan on back and mouse-/joy.port
- Paint all aluminium white/black
- Make the Powerswitch work so i don't have to use the one on the back of the PSU
- A couple of small thing I can't remember now :)

Yet another small update :cool: (see first post as usual)
Progress is slow but a few small thing now and then and it will eventually be finished :roll:

Things still needed to be done:
- Make mounting for the HDD / 3.5"
- Make hole for 92mm fan on back
- Paint all aluminium white/black
- A couple of small thing I can't remember now...

:wooha:

Lordy, that thing is going to be a beast!

Small update.

Modded the Mediator to allow a +3.3V ATI Radeon.. two new pictures in the first post.

Wow... a Radeon is waaaay faster than a CVPPC... and DVI is a sweet bonus :cool:

I am tempted I have the same case empty ;) Nice detailed work mate(y) I probably if I do this would put the original back of a4000d in that way no difficult cuts. But this result is really nice

3 pages of truly inspiring work. There are some skill sets required to do this kind of work & when you see a guy folding his own Aluminium sheet using a chopping board, you know the guy has some serious tenacity. I can't believe no one has voted for this thread yet, so I most certainly have & recommend it for Sticky Status too. :)

Simply fantastic fella. (y)

Kin

Thanks!! :cool:

Not much happening with the finishing touches...
The weather is getting better/warmer as it's soon summer so I can start the finishing painting. Not a good idea to paint in the apartment so it has to be done outside :roll:

But everything is working fine and the little circuit for the power switch works like a charm.. very neat to be able to use the original button on the tower :D

Beautiful tower & great skills...
Nice work !

Is there more 5.25" bays on the case or just 1+1 for disk drive ?

Mediator 3.3V modification working!

Mediator 3.3V modification working!

Thanks for the Mediator modification info. I've just modded my Mediator A1200 LT4 in exactly the same way, and my ATI Radeon 256 MB is working. Awesome:)

Updated first post with new pictures... :cool:

Everything is now painted and looks good enough... so it's close to being 100% finished. A few minor details left though...
Also traded the Mediator PCI 4000Di for a 4000D so it looks/works better in a towerized A4000.

WOW! this one slipped past me originally, Lovely mod work there, the A4000 MB looks completely at home in that case, Great work! (y)(y)

Great mod ! 'Love it !

The level of finish is extremely high, congratulation mate, it should be a standard for most of us but halas we don't all have the same skills... (y)

Any noise from all those fans ?

The fans are relatively quiet... they're all running at either +5V or +7V instead of +12V.
The one in the PSU is a bit noisy though, as I haven't replaced it with a quieter one yet...

Back
Top Bottom