Do you know any cool half-sized zorro board?

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hello.

I'm going to remove my Catweasel Z2 board from my A4000. Is it connected to a special floppy drive which is a slim floppy and memory card reader combination. The memory card reader is connected to the Deneb and the floppy part to the Catweasel. However, i have some troubles with the floppy part, mainly due to the fact that i use a floppy round cable instead of an old style cable with 2 connectors, that seems to confuse the catweasel. I'm going to connect it directly to my PC bridgeboard instead.

So, i will be left with an empty zorro slot and i don't like that:LOL:.
I want to put something cool in there, but only half sized, as i use the inline ISA slot.

I have thought of the ZorRAM but it is expensive and not very useful to me.

Any idea? :)

@Xanxi

I have three Z3 half size boards running....

ZoRAM 256 MB
DENEB with self-powered 7 ports USB hub & Multicard reader/writer
FastATA MK-V working great at PIO4 & 320GB HDD (I use for backups)

Maybe one good option for you is the FastATA MK-V I tested this great board with HDD's of 720GB and works great..

- Autoboot
- LBA48
- 4 IDE devices

Of course is a PIO board but is capable to work up to PIO5 mode and is really very fast (compared with standard Amiga specs).

Best wishes :)

Fast-ATA or Buddha, why not but what for as i already have the internal IDE and the SCSI of my WarpEngine? :)

I also own an Algor board with the Norway ethernet add-on, but two USB boards in the same A4000 would be crazy don't you think?

FLASHROM and clockport are two of it's advantages... :)

Indeed clockports are cool but i already have one available on the Deneb.

Besides, i wonder what would happen with more than on flashROM at boot (Deneb + Buddha flash or KickflashOS4).

Maybe i will go for a ZoRAM if i can find one at a good price.

How about a VarIO or ISDN-Surfer from individual computers..

they've got A1200 clockports (which is probably the only useful they can be used for unless you need serial transfer)
but you probably don't need them either since you've got already..

forget I said anything :)

Back
Top Bottom