Not open for further replies.

NemoN

Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Country
Germany
Region
Hamburg
Looking for a functional A2000 mainboard (without Custom-Chips & Roms).

My board died(?) from battery leakage.

(Black Screen, tried to clean Cpu socket and replaced some pins from the socket, one time i could load load the workbench, but after second restart black screen again :wooha: )

maybe some nice guy can help me with the repair (in Germany)

@genny_flick: thx for the help, the postage to italy is high :-(
somethink i can try with the "black-screen-on-start" board, should i replace the complete CPU socket?

Replace cpu & rom sockets. Use a dremel to gentle cutting plastic and desolder a pin at time. Also you can use others methods but you must have a good manuality as is easy to broken tracks or pads on pcb. Once you have removed sockets clean area with vinegar to remove residue of battery leak. At the end use acetone. Regards.

Not only remove the sockets and clean: you must check the traces under the sockets.

On severe battery leakage normally the traces under the sockets get corroded. Do a buzz in the traces and fix the damaged ones prior to ditch the board.

The A2000 is build as a tank (and looks like one, lol) and it is relatively easy to fix and expand.

Of course a check to tracks is recommended before solder new sockets.

Yes, sorry takes a bit longer as I haven't found the boards yet. Will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom