Installing cwb OS39 with winuae from scratch

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
Last edited:
Very nice clear guide there chap, haven't run it through myself just yet but undoubtedly will do in the future.

Thanks for the guide John, gonna give it a go sometime this week (y)

Awesome and detailed guide johnim mate!

Kudos \o/

Did it today, works perfect, thanks :bowdown:

Clear and concise guide john, thanks for your hard work , will be putting this to the test in the next week or so (y)

As for feedback, there are a few typos on there but nothing that distracts from the guide

Nice one :D

yea there may be typos i was about to go out and wanted to upload it as i just finished it took most of the day to do the writing in it

thanks

no probs jayrox

I like this, sharing stuff with ohers, to preserve(y) The guide is great, and to the point, the way I like it..

I have my own remarks hopefully they help out:

You do not need a cdrom driver, just call a volume the same as the cdrom. It can even be a dir in winblows as long it is called the same as the os 3.9 cdrom. Same goes for 3,1 flops etc.. or assign.. The amiga does not care as long the volume name is right..

There is no mentioning of picasso96 uae slowing down the install proces, aga emulation is very slow comparing to rtg... I would install uae rtg before so 3.9 to get nice graphics

Copy the right files is also a method...There used to be a guide on google to do it that way, but it seems disapeared.. I think, not sure, if you copy the classic structure meaning workbenc 3.1 to ffs hard disk and then copy the same structure from os 3.9 it works

these are just suggestions, I am very happy with the guide.

Theres another guide for that? Awesome.

I had two problems that I managed to solve. 1) I had wrong version of installer so installing of BB1 failed. 2) System is write protected errors came up... I had to move things to different folder on the pc side of things...

Now the final problem.
I have an empty, unformatted 4GB compact flash and I have no idea how to transfer the classicwb into there. I succeeded in installing classicwb to winuae though... I shall search for your other guide.

once the cf is made from my sfs guide just add the folder of your cwb in winuae as a extradrive say dh2:

just make sure you press enter with every change in hdtools

and make a backup of the cwb just in case

then in cli type copy dh2: all dh0:

john

Okay this is as far as I get:

I have ide->cf adapter plugged into a usb->ide adapter and cf card in ide -> cf adapter.

I have gone to command prompt and given the following commands:
diskpart
list disk
select disk 2
clean

I have winuae started from command prompt with:
winuae.exe -disableharddrivesafetycheck

dropdown box sees the drive... but then I cant figure out how to get the hdtoolbox to do anything with it. :Doh:
uaecwb39fail.png

With that other guide I am now getting some progress. Managed to partition! (y) Next up formatting and transferring files!

Okay, now I have drive partitioned to system,work and tools. I have classicwb installed on hdf file in winuae. I can boot the hdf file alone but if I add the cf hard drive then it does not boot any more. Frustrating...

I can boot from workbench floppy though and add both the hdf file and the actual cf hard drive and I see the followin partitions:

Ram Disk
tools
work system
System
ClearRAM
Install3.1

I went to System, show all view by name and dragged everything from System to system... now rebooting...

And SUCCESS! I have now ClassicWB booted on my CF card with winuae!

Back
Top Bottom