Solution for external Flicker fixer?

Hello people. I currently have External MV1200 Scandoubler+Flickerfixer. However, that is only unit I have and I would like alternative for connecting PC monitor without need of selling my organs for it. I see you wrote about many RGB -> VGA convertor boxes here, and I would like to know which shown the best results for least price. Also, What about maiga port RGB wiring, do I need to wire it myself, or there is some workable solution?

This one seems very affordable: http://goo.gl/K5wjyq How does it work in practice?

Also I noticed this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/15Khz-RGB-CGA-Component-Video-to-VGA-Converter-Scaler-/120457605985
Am i seeing it wrong, or this one can be connected with Commodore RGB monitor cable?

Last edited:
Best so far IMHO has been the scart - > hdmi converter. You'd need to wire your own connector. Someone needs to trawl this thread and post a cleaned up sticky...

Best so far IMHO has been the scart - > hdmi converter. You'd need to wire your own connector. Someone needs to trawl this thread and post a cleaned up sticky...

Wrong it's got major issues, the best result is via the scart to Component adapter.

The Amiga to scart cables are available from amibay.

Well it was my opinion, and I don't have 'major issues' with it... I also don't have anything to plug component into so that is not an option.

Can you link to the component adapter again and the cables? (I thought the cable guy had stopped making them)

Edit: adapter is here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=631494

Last edited:
Go back thru this thread, I've posted links etc there.

Sorry, I meant amigakit

If you only have HDMI input on a TV/Monitor then unfortunately there's no option to use the superior and non-digitized conversion method via COMPONENT. If you have a COMPONENT input (and 50hz support on the TV/Monitor) then ultimately your best bet is what @djos has suggested (and I have attested to with fantastic results also):

SCART->COMPONENT Convertor :)

It would be awesome if jens at individual computers made an external version of the indivision to cater for all retro machines. SCART RGB and audio jack in to HDMI out. The tech in the indivision is pure awesome.

I think the problem there is that the indivision captures the signal at the source and hence has the best quality to work with from the outset. If you want a really good generic upscaler then get the xrgb frameister (and sell a kidney to do so :))

-(e)

The XRGB is indeed awesome. I'd like one some day, but for now I gave up on the cheap solutions and opted for the ultra cheap. A 14" portable CRT TV :-D

For my retro Desk I use a Sony PVM-14m4a pro CRT broadcast monitor, I use the converter only for occasional big screen fun.

Just did a spring clean and had 4 x blown CRTs to recycle :( Would love a decent one one day too!

Sorry for reviving this tread, I just have to know...

Following this tread...
Would these 8200 version 5 board's, work on standard TFT vga monitor, using an Amiga600 (ECS chipset) in standard resolution?

Back
Top Bottom