Kin Hell Stepping Down

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my fellow forum chummies

I am making this announcement to all Members and Amibayer's regarding my good friend Kin Hell.

To be completely honest this post has been long overdue but I have struggled hard to put it into the right words to express my true feelings.

My good friend Kinnie has been with us from the very start of AmiBay, from this he has dedicated a lot of time and effort into the development of of the 'Bay that it now feels as if he is part of the furniture, Kin has been a very good friend to turn to, a guide to so many with his great knowledge of Amigas and of course as a moderator guiding members through there Amibay experience.

Please understand that my friend Charlie is the most lovable and friendly person you are ever likely to meet, his alter ego KIN Hell is a straight talkin, take no prisoners type with strongly defined view on right and wrong. This is his most defining feature that makes Kin the Kin we all know and although it can be a very good way of dealing with the odd rogue member or forum spammer it is also the reason why I am writing this post.

With a heavy heart to say; I am afraid Kins moderation sometimes came accross as a little harsh and Kin being Kin asking him to change his ways to suite the new evolving Amibay was like asking him to change religion - it could never work, so after after much thought, deliberation and discussion with other founder members, I asked Kin to stand down as moderator.

Its perhaps one of the hardest things I have ever done, and one I wish never to happen again, although it wasn't, it felt, and I am sure that to some it still seems that I have forsaken a friend over the needs of AmiBay. In honest truth, I will wrestle with this for some time, but in my heart, I know its the right thing to do.

Many on the 'Bay feel a void where he once was, I want you to know that do feel this too, so I ask Charlie to please stop around and chat with your friends as you are part of Amibay and it would never be the same without you.

I would like all my fellow AmiBayers to know that Amibay would not be the same today if it hadn't have been for Charlie (Kin Hell), and I if I could be so bold, to take this opportuinity on behalf of everybody to thank you Charlie, for what you have done for us as a team, for us as a moderator but more so for us as a friend.

To my friend Charlie,

Back
Top Bottom