Review: Genetic Species

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
And here we have another Amiga FPS, this time it is Genetic Spieces(y)

another good on the Amiga FPS here, graphics are great as is the sound, the game play is much more of the same, run around, hit switches and kill everything, in a lot of ways it kind of reminds me of a graphically superior Breathless.

there is not a lot to say about these kind of games i'm afraid as they are much of a muchness.

but still it is a fun game to play, not too easy and there is plenty to explore.

the game is 030 and AGA compatible but as always more is better as it also supports sound cards and RTG graphics.

why not load it up and try a few levels the next time you have 20 mins to spare?

vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPi73lQ9cFg

cheers, Justin

Attachments

• genetic loading screen.jpg
    genetic loading screen.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 7
  • genetic in game.jpg
    genetic in game.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 4
I bought this back in the day once I upgraded my A4k. One of the best things about the game was that you could take over the enemies you were fighting. If I remember right, there was parts of the game you couldn't access unless you had control of the right person.

You can download this one for free on the aminet. (y)

It's considered one of the finest/best original Amiga FPS game; no doubt about that.

I've played this a couple of times in the past, it's good fun. I don't remember there being a multi-player option, that would have been awesome.

Back
Top Bottom