p96 new res rough guide (with radeon install)

Thought I'd update this post having opened a ticket with Amigakit about the warped mediator.

They assure me there is nothing wrong with the board as it's been tested with cards in every slot and it's all working as expected. I've also not had any problem (other than the surprise of it being warped) once cards are screwed down they stay in the slot, the main problem was getting the mediator pushed onto the passthrough, solved by putting the passthrough on first then sliding into place and screwing cards in.

I also emailed Elbox and they surprisingly advised me to bend the board the other way and it will straighten out :wooha: Amigakit advised against this so took their advice instead, as a result it's still in one piece and working, so ticket closed (y)

The keyboard issue was due to 2 wires on the PC-Key adapter having broken due to old frayed wires. Unsoldered them, cut off 10mm from the cable and resoldered clean wires back to the board, keyboard now behaves as expected.

I'm just pleased I didn't have to send it back, don't think they have anymore in stock!

Plus, there's a magnitude of difference in using a GFX card over AGA that going back to a slow, limited res workbench would be like taking the heroin off an addict :LOL:

Hello dropbox link is deactivated, may you fix it please?

Sorry to bring this older thread up again. It's been very helpfull. But I'm stuck trying one thing.

How to create 15bit modes on my Voodoo3 (A4000D)? I want to run Wipeout2097 in full screen mode.

My Showmodes is set to "all" in picasso96 envarc, this only results in an additional 16bit mode in the screenmode selector. And I cannot decrease number of colors from 64k to 32k as slider is greyed out.

In Picasso96mode I can only select the standard 8, 16, 24 & 32 bit modes, I can't find a way to set #colors or screendepth.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom