Humble Battle Squadron competition

Mendel

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
kokkola
edit:

1st prize is gone from any newcomers, but the runner up prize remains!

It was time for me to contribute to charity (Sent a bit to Child´s play through the Humble Bundle, Inc.)
In return I have received a couple of giftable urls for Humble Bundle 6 and I reckon these must go to players with crazy shmup skills!
So here is another Humble Competition! This time, no need for AGA machine, "lesser" Amigas are also welcome to compete this time!

The game:
Battle Squadron: The Destruction Of The Barrax Empire
http://hol.abime.net/72

How to compete:
1) Finish the game using a real amiga.

2) No emulators!

3) No savestates!

4) WHDLOAD is allowed as long as there are no cheats. Obviously real floppy version is also allowed :)

5) However, physical auto fire on joystick is allowed, but no other cheats.

6) Take a photo(s) of the game ending/credits roll/with your camera
- Photo must include your real amiga setup with your monitor/tv showing the game is finished.

7) You must upload the picture(s) to a site such as imageshack/photobucket

8 ) Send me a private message containing link to pictures

9) Also reply in this thread but keep in mind you can´t see your reply unless a moderator makes it visible. The replies of the winners will later be made visible.

Prizes go to the fastest to send a pm to me where the above criteria are met. Competition runs until the winners are found!

The grand prize is a unique gift url that gets you the full Humble Indie Bundle 6 for free. So the winner will get to further continue shmupping in Jamestown and a bundle of other games as well!

This time there is also a runner up prize for the second fastest competitor.
The runner up gets "only" the "below average price" pack of Torchlight, Rochard, Shatter, Space Pirates and Zombies; and Vessel. No Jamestown for runner ups, so make it fast!

Unfortunately the prize games can´t be played with an Amiga, but you can use Linux, Mac or PC to play the Humble Bundle 6 games ;)

More info about humble bundle in general: https://www.humblebundle.com/

First prize and runner up:

Immerse yourself in the critically acclaimed action-RPG Torchlight; the rugged sci-fi action platformer Rochard; physics-based brick breaker Shatter; top down space combat sim Space Pirates and Zombies; and steampunk puzzle platformer Vessel.
First prize winner only:

will also get the incredible, frantic acrobatic platformer, Dustforce, and four additional bonus games: the retro-rhythm platformer, BIT.TRIP RUNNER; overhead tactical battle simulator Gratuitous Space Battles; 4-player vertical shoot ‘em up Jamestown; and making its bundle debut, reflex-testing RPG-block breaker Wizorb!
edit: Want to discuss the game and the competition?
You can do that in a separate discussion thread here ->
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=35511

Updating faq here when I get questions:

Q) Humble Bundle 6 is not for sale anymore, can I still claim the prize?

A) Yes. You can redeem your prize in any foreseeable near future, there is no time limit for that.

Q) Is the competition still running?

A) It´s over

Winner is bl1tter. though the pictures could be clearer, I do recognize the ending texts.

dscf1134ne.jpg

dscf1136s.jpg

And let´s face it, those must be genuine because if someone would do something like a photoshop, surely they wouldn´t make fake pictures blurry like that :D

Runner up prize remains!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom