Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey peeps.

Recently picked up an Indi MkI, I've just setup a test system with my ACA1232/33 and Classic Workbench OS3.9, I'm pleased to report everything is fine @640x512, nice and fast even using OS4 Style Icons (PeterK's latest Icon Library & PowerIcons.)

I'm testing the HighGFX modes as I want to use 1024x768 but I'm getting really bad gliching and artefects. The screen goes blank for a second when I try to move an Icon and there is strange artefects on the screen in random places.

I thought the MkI was a solid choice for HighGFX Modes? Or was I hoping for too much?

I know the MkII isn't great in these modes either but at least you could use SuperPlus 800x600, seriously considering a trade against a MkII as I know that works well on my LCD TV.

Or should I try another A1200? I don't have one spare to test on right now but I should have some spare Motherboards back from mjnurney re-capped soon :)

Or maybe it's a software issue? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.

I tested mine without problem on a Rev 1D4. But it was really slow IMHO. Maybe you can try to reflash your firmware or clean the plcc sockets and Lisa pins, who knows...

Maybe it is the icon.library and powerIcons that do not like this resolution, try with old one just to check.

I tested mine without problem on a Rev 1D4. But it was really slow IMHO. Maybe you can try to reflash your firmware or clean the plcc sockets and Lisa pins, who knows...

Thanks for the reply.

I'm told it was flashed with the latest firmware already. I will clean the lisa chip and see if that helps, I'll also disable some of the Classic Workbench components. When it was working it seemed pretty fast, but the ACA cards do that with Icons, etc they really speed things up with Maprom and ACATune enhancements.

Also using PeterK's new Icon Library is very quick.

I have had problems with the icon.library on my ACA630 : sometimes at boot, icons were flashy or very dark. I removed it and now it is fine, but slower...

Hiya Steve

It should work perfectly in HighGFX as I used it most of the time in that mode, slow but less colour depth and it was pretty useable.....

Check your settings on Fblit and disable it...

Tbh though I wouldnt be surprised if the ACA is upsetting it :picard

My Lisa chip was the HP version...

TC :)

@Steve - after a while, does the problem stop - almost like the whole thing has warmed up and setled...?

I get some initial "interference" when my MKI Indi A1200 boots but after a short time it settles and works perfectly.

Hey guys, thanks for the tips, I disabled everything lol, most of CWB components and some ACATune options (keeping Maprom since I have OS3.9 Custom Rom in it)

It works perfect now, I will start to enable stuff and report back what was the cause.

In the mean time I made a short Video, I'm just uploading it now :)

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Here's the Video, only a short one but I think it runs very well! It's 16 Colours only :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3SrjjiSB0

It should be much faster once I add some components & ACA enhancements back :cool:

do/did the glitches appear when theres alot of colours?

Hmm, maybe before my test was with 64 colours, I will check that before I start enabling stuff! :ninja:

Also I think this Mobo might need timing fixes, works perfect with my BPPC/BVision but I'm getting occasional lockups with the ACA...

I'm probably going to use this Motherboard for my BPPC anyway one of the others MJ has IIRC works fine with the ACA :)

Hmm, maybe before my test was with 64 colours, I will check that before I start enabling stuff! :ninja:

Also I think this Mobo might need timing fixes, works perfect with my BPPC/BVision but I'm getting occasional lockups with the ACA...

I'm probably going to use this Motherboard for my BPPC anyway one of the others MJ has IIRC works fine with the ACA :)

probably does need the timing fixes then if it locks up every now and then,but your probably going to give it a good stress test first before making that choice.

dont take it the wrong way,but this is whats put me off getting any new hardware from jens as i own a mk2 indi and had to put it in storage,never heard any problems with the mk 1 though.

Thats great news Steve (y)

Remember the Indi AGA mk 1 is a Lisa Emulation so some cwb enhancements may upset it ;)

My moneys still on the aca though :LOL:

TC :)

@Roy, If I put the colours up the glitches return! :dry:

But it runs great in 16 colours and in fact I wouldn't use more in this screen modes as it does slow down quite a bit.

In 16 colours I was able to put some optimisations back and ACA enhancements and still running smooth, and even faster than the Video.

Still some lockups though so I think the ACA doesn't like this Motherboard, no problem I should have a couple more to play with soon :)

The idea of today's exercise was to get everything setup as I wanted so that much was a success anyway - time to backup the CF :whistle:

are all the motherboards different revisions steve?
so you should have plenty of options there.:)

are all the motherboards different revisions steve?
so you should have plenty of options there.:)

Yeah I have a variety, 1D4, 1D1 & 2B :cool:

This board has been fully re-capped and works flawlessly with my BPPC/BVision so I'm not going to mess with it...

Today's tests were really just experiments anyway until I decide exactly how I want to setup my remaining systems, I've had a big clear out and trim down recently!

I'm really pleased with the speed of the ACA1232/33 + Indivision though with the Dual PNG OS Style Icons, I was expecting slower after testing the AmiKit for Real Amiga's release.

the only thing is it's a killer on the Chip Ram, even with Icons loaded into 'Other' Memory! With a few Windows open I'm under 1mb left :eek:

I'm using a 16 colour (mapped for RebelCD32's pallett) IFF backdrop in 1024*768 so I can't be anymore efficient there!

I also love having the BB2 updates in the Maprom, boots really fast :cool:

the issue with chipram is more than likely the massive screenmode you have it in steve:LOL:

looks nice though.:)

I had some glitches in highgfx mode 1024x768 with indy2 and wb3.1 . After I closed desktop case, everything come to place. No artefacts, just pure crystal clear pic. After a few working hours, some artefacts reapear. That's my experience.
Highgfx mode is too slow for my taste and too much demanding for pure AGA.
aos3.9 shows to be less tolerant to highgfx.

Back
Top Bottom