Country
    USA
    Region:
    CA
    Feedback
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matt3k View Post
    Try different versions of AmigaAmp. Think the 2
    25 may be the most stable, if using that try the latest 3 version.

I would also place the mp3s locally on the drive for testing.

Good Luck,

Matt
    I've definitely found 2.25 more stable than the 3 branch of AmigaAMP, all my mp3s are local. I even tried playing from RAM disk, even though my loading is set to File/1S so it shouldn't influence...and it doesn't seem to matter whether its a low bit-rate, high or variable.

I am sure it is an Interrupt problem, somehow the Delfina misses an IRQ response and the buffer overrun causes the lockup. I've experimented with various levels of overclocking but not got any magic bullet there.

The last thing I have left to try is move the Delfina to a different slot.
    Last edited by jkdsteve; 9th June 2021 at 19:12.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    NY
    Feedback
    37 (100%)

@jkdsteve
    I would certainly try a different slot with no other cards in it and see if that fixes it. I don't think it's an overclocking issue, if I remember right the lite ran fine at all clock speeds, it just wouldn't play smoothly at the slower clocks. That was 20 years ago so I can't be sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

You may want to try different audio players, even the basic cli player that came with the card. The other thing to do is make triple sure that the memory chips are all making good connection with the socket. My Plus failed because of this, so the sockets were removed and the memory was soldered right to the board.

My Delfina Plus is on the way back, once I get it I will do some testing on my own to see how it goes with your findings.
    Last edited by matt3k; 10th June 2021 at 12:22.

Country
    USA
    Region:
    CA
    Feedback
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matt3k View Post
    @jkdsteve
    I would certainly try a different slot with no other cards in it and see if that fixes it. I don't think it's an overclocking issue, if I remember right the lite ran fine at all clock speeds, it just wouldn't play smoothly at the slower clocks. That was 20 years ago so I can't be sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

You may want to try different audio players, even the basic cli player that came with the card. The other thing to do is make triple sure that the memory chips are all making good connection with the socket. My Plus failed because of this, so the sockets were removed and the memory was soldered right to the board.

My Delfina Plus is on the way back, once I get it I will do some testing on my own to see how it goes with your findings.
    Glad to hear you got your card repaired!!!

I moved slots and it still crashes, been trying with DelfMPEG and just when I think it's more stable, it up and hangs on me.

You are right that DelfTweak is not necessary but anything above about 192kbps is shaky with the default 40MHz clock....it still crashes/hangs without overclocking anyway.

Currently just trying running DelfMPEG straight after SetPatch.....I suspect it will eventually die on me. Reducing the system to s single task is probably not the answer but it does eliminate some variables.

EDIT: More testing, it seems like the way to get this card to work for longer periods of time is to actually use a delfina.library variant which reports "Deflina has Crashed" as an error from the Watchdog task...simply ignoring that allows mp3s to play for much longer and seemingly without any performance penalty. I'm currently using 4.14
    Last edited by jkdsteve; 11th June 2021 at 19:49.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123