The Delfina Plus and Lite Setup Guide

Try different versions of AmigaAmp. Think the 2
25 may be the most stable, if using that try the latest 3 version.

I would also place the mp3s locally on the drive for testing.

Good Luck,

Matt

I've definitely found 2.25 more stable than the 3 branch of AmigaAMP, all my mp3s are local. I even tried playing from RAM disk, even though my loading is set to File/1S so it shouldn't influence...and it doesn't seem to matter whether its a low bit-rate, high or variable.

I am sure it is an Interrupt problem, somehow the Delfina misses an IRQ response and the buffer overrun causes the lockup. I've experimented with various levels of overclocking but not got any magic bullet there.

The last thing I have left to try is move the Delfina to a different slot.

Last edited:
@jkdsteve
I would certainly try a different slot with no other cards in it and see if that fixes it. I don't think it's an overclocking issue, if I remember right the lite ran fine at all clock speeds, it just wouldn't play smoothly at the slower clocks. That was 20 years ago so I can't be sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

You may want to try different audio players, even the basic cli player that came with the card. The other thing to do is make triple sure that the memory chips are all making good connection with the socket. My Plus failed because of this, so the sockets were removed and the memory was soldered right to the board.

My Delfina Plus is on the way back, once I get it I will do some testing on my own to see how it goes with your findings.

Last edited:
@jkdsteve
I would certainly try a different slot with no other cards in it and see if that fixes it. I don't think it's an overclocking issue, if I remember right the lite ran fine at all clock speeds, it just wouldn't play smoothly at the slower clocks. That was 20 years ago so I can't be sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

You may want to try different audio players, even the basic cli player that came with the card. The other thing to do is make triple sure that the memory chips are all making good connection with the socket. My Plus failed because of this, so the sockets were removed and the memory was soldered right to the board.

My Delfina Plus is on the way back, once I get it I will do some testing on my own to see how it goes with your findings.

Glad to hear you got your card repaired!!!

I moved slots and it still crashes, been trying with DelfMPEG and just when I think it's more stable, it up and hangs on me.

You are right that DelfTweak is not necessary but anything above about 192kbps is shaky with the default 40MHz clock....it still crashes/hangs without overclocking anyway.

Currently just trying running DelfMPEG straight after SetPatch.....I suspect it will eventually die on me. Reducing the system to s single task is probably not the answer but it does eliminate some variables.

EDIT: More testing, it seems like the way to get this card to work for longer periods of time is to actually use a delfina.library variant which reports "Deflina has Crashed" as an error from the Watchdog task...simply ignoring that allows mp3s to play for much longer and seemingly without any performance penalty. I'm currently using 4.14

Last edited:
How can I mixing the Paula's voice to Delfina lite? There is a mixer app, just I didn't find it?

I fount the mixing program. :) Working great, and DSP effects working fine too.

Overclocking didn't working (instant crash), so on 40 MHz sometimes plays MP3, sometimes freeze. :-( With MP2 a little bit better the situation. Can crash with 128 kbits, but it was already such that it played 320 kbits all the way through.

Last edited:
@jdsteve This is madness! I found similar issues to you. I now have it running stable with the 4.14 lib with the watchdog. It is running stable though, playing music for 2 days without a crash. Using AmigaAMP 2.25 and so far perfect. It has to be: 1. OS 3.2 - Not a fan of this operating system in general it has not been 100 % for me. I upgraded over 1.314.1 which updated from 3.9. 2. AA3000+ - Something different with the hardware from a 3000. This is easy enough to test. 3. Warp Engine with the 060. This card ran perfect in my 3000D with a CS MKIII and 3.9 with the original setup described even under heavy multitasking. My system certainly isn't totally stable and it will crash if I wander around too much. When time permits I will diagnose further and may go back to 3.9 along the way. sax I will need to dig that up and find out. I never tried doing that. Just got it working somewhat reliably. Let me test it and get back to you. Does your system run reliable when playing MP3s? If so what is your system?

Thanks for this great thread! Now my Delfina Lite working fine with AHI, mixing, DPS, but Mp3 crash after 2-20 mins with delfmpeg. :( I think it is about the 40 MHz chip...

Now I have an A1200 (clockport) Delfina. I can mix the Paula's sound on it, but delfmpeg freeze sometimes too. (after 3-4 mins)

OS 3.9 on Amiga1200, and OS3.1 on A4000.

Hi Sax,

The Delfina lite will get working with playing with the different libraries and trying them. Try the versions mentioned in the article and you should be fine. You can overclock the dsp, but it won't cause the crash it.

The clockport version should be able to use the last drivers (unlike the zorro delfinas) and that supposedly has fixed all the issues.

Something I wanted to add: I experienced the well-known random crashes with 2 Delfina Lites, even after finding the "best" library (which I _think_ was either the v4.14 , or one of the 4.16 variants). I replaced the DSP on one of them with the 66 MHz part found on the Plus (didn't matter). The crashes could happen within minutes, or sometimes after several hours (usually, a few moments after you started thinking it might finally be good... :p).

In my case, it was the default OS 3.9 screensaver causing the crashes. :rolleyes: I couldn't freaking believe it, but once I figured that out, I could leave it alone streaming net radio for a week without a single hiccup.

Ok, I need help from my own help post :)...

I picked up a Delfina Plus and I tried all the possibilties I can think of and still get crackling mp3 playback.

Does anyone have this figured out?

Running 3.2.2 in an Amiga 3000 and an 060.

Crazy that my original post worked with the card and now it doesn't, thinking it has to be OS or patch related...

Back
Top Bottom