A1200PPC-T Project - Spider II / SCSI / ....

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi to all,

Looking on my desk I found yesterday one Elbox Spider II USB 2.0 board and I decided to use it on my systems.

I have the latest driver and it works fine under Poseidon 4.4

Board is recognised as High-Full-Low one but any device I connect works only at "Full" speed.

Looking in Poseidon there is no way to make changes in the controller or device setup (only power rules).

So, it's possible to work at High speed with these boards? Is a driver problem?

The same happens in any system (A1200 or A4000)

Thanks in advance

:)

i dont really understand what you mean.

have you tried the other ports?

In theory board can work at High Speed (480Mb/s), Full Speed (12 Mb/s) and Low Speed.

Well, every device connected at any port (self powered HDD's, USB sticks, card readers, ....) appears in Poseidon as Full Speed not at High Speed devices.

Changing the values of the Envarc:Mediator/SpiderBuf variable not change the specs, a small increase in speed, but nothing else.

My question is if there is any option (variable?) to configure the ports (or the controller) to operate at high speed.

Hi to all,

Looking on my desk I found yesterday one Elbox Spider II USB 2.0 board and I decided to use it on my systems.

I have the latest driver and it works fine under Poseidon 4.4

Board is recognised as High-Full-Low one but any device I connect works only at "Full" speed.

Looking in Poseidon there is no way to make changes in the controller or device setup (only power rules).

So, it's possible to work at High speed with these boards? Is a driver problem?

The same happens in any system (A1200 or A4000)

Thanks in advance

:)

Do you have original CDROM as there is a guide to setup correctly (you have to open a shell and type some commands, for correct configuration, first).

Cheers,

Rino

the most ive ever got out of one is about 4mbs a sec i think.

@Rino

Hi mate,

Yes, I have the original CD I will try this evening.

I've setup my board manually without reading the CD contents :picard

Thanks for the info. :)

More news later..... :LOL:

@Rino

Hi mate,

Yes, I have the original CD I will try this evening.

I've setup my board manually without reading the CD contents :picard

Thanks for the info. :)

More news later..... :LOL:

(y)

Hi again :)

Well, finally I have my Spider II working at High Speed with EHCI & OHCI Hubs.

A bit strange because a fresh Poseidon installation and/or shell commands don't work for me....

I needed to start Poseidon and load manually three times the spider.device with different unit numbers 0, 1 & 2..... Save config and... it works (y)

A1200PPC_001.jpg

Really not too much but better than before :)... from 2.5 Mb/s to 3.2 Mb/s depending the media I use (SD, CF or HDD)

Title changed..... :p

Well, as I said before I get around 3.2 Mb/s with Spider II. Of course is not a great speed but now I have a good interchangeable media system to transfer from PC and other Amigas.

Other question is about the BPPC SCSI..... I'm getting 7.5Mb/s from IDE-SCSI HDDs.

What is the maximum speed for the embebed controller? 10Mb/s?

And the maximum HDD size I can use? SCSI works fine with 40 & 80 GB drives but don't recognize 120GB and up.

blizzppc.device is 44.33 .....

Thank John (y)

But I have the same issue with BPPC & CSPPC's.

Lastest firmware on all boards, SmatFileSystem 1.279, SFS\02, ..... and I cannot use HDD's with sizes over the 80GB :blink:

My HDD's are Seagate, Western Digital, Samsung, .... and, of course, all cables, SCSI ID's and terminations are correct.

I'm thinking that is not a brand or size problem,.... maybe is the drives revision (some are new and some old) ?

I will continue my tests :p

Some progress in other areas.....

Other strange thing happens before is that my system don't recognize SFS partitions in the Boot HDD (partitions DH0, DH1 & DH2) only FFS I can use.

Why? Because I have other HDD with two SFS patitions and all times are recognized without issues.

But I found a solution a now I can have both FFS and SFS in the boot HDD :) Maybe is not the best one but it works...... :p

I created a new 1MB ROM with updated libraries & devices, but maintaining the 3.1 compatibility (System can boot from WB 3.1 HDD or Floppy).

Pics from "Normal" ROM and Extended

A1200PPC_003.jpg A1200PPC_004.jpg

Now my partitions works in all HDD's

A1200PPC_007.jpg A1200PPC_008.jpg A1200PPC_009.jpg A1200PPC_010.jpg

Updates in ROM are the scsi.device, icon.library, FileSystems, ......

Example: New boards.library in ROM

A1200PPC_005.jpg

Nice, but get the latest boards.library from Aminet. I added support for PCI cards and since you have a Mediator...

Make sure to install openpci.library as well (included in boardslib.lha since 3.1, kindly provided by Titan)

Best regards,

Marcus

Nice, but get the latest boards.library from Aminet. I added support for PCI cards and since you have a Mediator...

Make sure to install openpci.library as well (included in boardslib.lha since 3.1, kindly provided by Titan)

Best regards,

Marcus

Noted :)

Thanks mate (y)

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Hi Marcus,

I can compile the ROM with the boards.library but I get the BSS chunk error in Remus when I try to load the openpci.library......

Marcus,

I can compile the ROM with the boards.library but I get the BBS chunk error in Remus when I try to load the openpci.library......

Hmm...you'd have to ask Benjamin about this - I'm only utilizing openpci.

Honestly - does it really make sense to put libs like boards or even icon.library in ROM? They get regular updates which I consider being a good thing. ;)

Honestly - does it really make sense to put libs like boards or even icon.library in ROM? They get regular updates which I consider being a good thing. ;)

Yeah! :)

I agree with you :LOL: I'm only testing some variants :)

Back
Top Bottom