ide68k (v402) help...

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
I just received my ide68k (v402) for my A1000. Though does anyone know where the int2 and ovr is on the mainboard (version 6), as I sure don't know..

a pic would be GREATLY appreciated..

OH, is it on the expansion buss pin 9, 10 counting from the front to the back???

Thanks..
Mike..

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Anyone??

Last edited:
pin 16 of paula or 15, need verify

pin 19 of bus expansion, alias pin 10 side pin unpair

or pin 21 of 8520 near cpu

Last edited:
Oh I thought that the 500 bus expansion was the same as the a1000 but 180 deg so I thought that the traces were the same, and soldered the 2 wires to track 9,10..

Like this (500 pic) but A1000 from the right side, cos if you turn the 500 board all the way around pin 1 will be at the bottom of the pic eh??..

Mike..

Attachments

• P1000596.jpg
    P1000596.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 2
Hey guys . Can some one please tell me if the A1000 version 6 bus expansion is a Zorro-I or Zorro-II cos on Zorro-II 2 pin 17 is the ovr
(Zorro-I is pin 18)

Arrr...

the connector have pin even on top 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,.......
and odd in the under side like 2,4,6,8,10,...............

I installed mine using this tutorial on my A1000. Pin 1 is the one closest to you. The picture shown above is not wrong. Use pin 9 and 10. Works great using kickstart 2.05 the one that supports ide or kickstart 3.1.

http://www.students.tut.fi/~leinone3/ide/i68k.html

Hope that helps

Ok But how come on Amiga Expansion Bus A.K.A Zorro I pinout pin 9 is NC and pin 10 is +12v

Mike..

I will take a picture later and show you how it's installed on my A1000 ok?

Edit:
Not my cleanest work but works like a charm. /ovr to 9th pin and /int2 to 10th pin, not sure about the real pin numbers though.
I use Twinkick to kick the A1000 with Kickstart 3.1

I forgot to mention that i had to use kipper2k A1000 cpu adapter (not shown here) or the floppy drive will get in the way of the ide connector.

snc4.jpg

Last edited:
I will take a picture later and show you how it's installed on my A1000 ok?

Edit:
Not my cleanest work but works like a charm. /ovr to 9th pin and /int2 to 10th pin, not sure about the real pin numbers though.
I use Twinkick to kick the A1000 with Kickstart 3.1

I forgot to mention that i had to use kipper2k A1000 cpu adapter (not shown here) or the floppy drive will get in the way of the ide connector

snc4.jpg

Sure a pic would be nice. But how come that you soldered the wires to the gold track!!! also your ide connector looks like a older version to mine, And do you have a pic of your rom adapter fitted too (If you don't mind me asking)

Mike

Last edited:
At the time i did this, i did not bother removing the solder from the holes above the tracks. I was not equipped for doing so, so i soldered them directly to the track. I can still add the ram, no problem.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Here's the link for the A1000 cpu adapter:
http://kipper2k.com/amigaforsale/

Oh Ok though I used a solder sucker (bought from Radio Shack) to remove the solder from the holes (very easy to do), and are you using a kickstart rom adapter in your a1000..

Here's a pic of my IDE adapter with a slim ceramic 68000L12 fitted, with the headers too (for led and int-2 ect)

Mike..

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 2
Now that i have a solder sucker, i will reinstall my ide68k with pins in the holes and change the cables for better ones. No i don't have kickstart adapter, i use Twinkick but it takes up 1MB of ram but it's ok like that. I have 8mb ram board from kippers that works well in my A1000 but not with Twinkick because they both use the same ram address so there's a conflict right there. I read somewhere the 4MB one should do the trick because i think this one uses another address. I should ask kipper2k about that.

Now that i have a solder sucker, i will reinstall my ide68k with pins in the holes and change the cables for better ones. No i don't have kickstart adapter, i use Twinkick but it takes up 1MB of ram but it's ok like that. I have 8mb ram board from kippers that works well in my A1000 but not with Twinkick because they both use the same ram address so there's a conflict right there. I read somewhere the 4MB one should do the trick because i think this one uses another address. I should ask kipper2k about that.

Good and while your at it. Remove those 2 wires from those pads on the IDE adapter and solder in headers in the other holes (like I did), as your's will be in the same place as mine (Get the plug and wires from a old computer case). Then you can plug the 2 wires there and it'll look real nice too (easy to remove also).. Just my thoughts..

Oh What's Twinkick??

Mike..

Lol. They will eventually be removed from the pads. Twinkick can be found at aminet.net. It allows you to load both kickstart 1.3 and 3.1 to ram. Pretty usefull for loading workbench 3.1 from hdd. That's one of the reasons i gave up on the kickstart adapter.

Good to hear that LOL. But I may do go the way of Twinkick, cos If I fit the rom adapter (I don't like the kickstart disk), even with kipper2k riser board fitted (He did send the wrong one though A500) I don't think that his 4 meg board will be high enough to clear the rom adapter with the rom fitted..

I'll just have to see, when he sends the correct one..

Mike..

I'm 100% positive that you will need the A1000 cpu adapter if you want to fit anything that connects to the 68k socket. The floppy drive is too close to the socket.

Ok But I might go the way for a HxC SD card floppy emulator, as the unit is pretty slim, but I'll have to cut out a square hole in the front of the panel for access to the push buttons and the LCD.... Plus I have every game and applications that was out for the Amiga (They are all in adf format), and I would need hundreds of disks to transfer them to LOL..

Mike..

Now that you have an ide controller you could transfer them via winuae to your hdd then put your hdd in the a1000 and just copy to floppy the adfs you'll be using most.

yep But I'm gonna use a CF card as my harddrive. But with the adf's you can get a lot on the HxC SD card emulator, (most don't install on the hardrive unless you use WHload.

Mike..

Back
Top Bottom