Picasso II Cable info

laureynsr

Country
USA
Region
New Jersey
Hi All,

Looking for the cable that comes with a Picasso II, not sure if it is straight through 15m-15m or not or if a 1084s cable with 9m-15m adaptor will work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Happy to help! I'm guessing your Picasso II is already up and running in your system? If not, remember to disconnect the resistor located at R307 on your board. You can look at all the info I grabbed on the Picasso II in the following thread:

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=44994

Let me know once you get everything working then we can close this thread. (y)

Heather

I got it somewhat....

I got it somewhat....

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your help but I'm still having trouble with it. Most likely the monitor is the issue. I have a Samsung 22" widescreen that is optimized for 1680 x 1050 and I can't find a resolution other than 640x490 16bit to work with it, everything else throws a not optimized resolution. I have not removed the R307 resister yet. Also at 640x480 I get very bad mouse artifacts left on the screen. I had an older flat panel monitor that supported 1280x1024 but it would not power on when connected to the Picasso.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ray

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Hi Heather,

Well, looks like 640x480 16bit is the only resolution that this monitor likes but it works good. Seems 24bit causes the artifacts. I'll look around for another monitor that plays a little better. I'll also de-solder that resistor R307 see if that changes anything.

Let you know.

Thanks

Ray

The most likely reason your older 1280x1024 monitor would not turn on is because of the R307 resistor. With that resistor in place, it is pushing voltage to your monitor! :eek: Just snip it right off the board because you don't need it unless you are using a very old CRT that needs that voltage line.

Now, for configuration, I used the Unofficial P96 Software along with johnim's Quick P96 New Res Guide to get the rough settings and was able to get all my different screen modes working. Once you have the screen displaying, you can adjust it using the P96 settings to get rid of the mouse artifacts, odd flickering, and get the sharpest image possible.

If you still have problems, I'd be happy to talk with you on the phone to go through everything when we are both at our Amigas. Be sure to download the manual for your monitor so you know all the frequencies it can do. That way, you can see if the screen mode is even supported at the color resolution you want instead of banging your head against why it might not be working. (y)

Good luck!

Heather

Can't see saved Picasso96 Mode settings

Can't see saved Picasso96 Mode settings

Hi Heather,

Cut the resistor and the older monitor works like a charm! :D I followed all the instructions in johnim's Quick P96 New Res Guide and made a 800x600 16bit mode in Picasso96 mode and tested, edited and saved it but I don't see in in Screenmode. All I see is the default 800x600 8bit mode which won't work with the monitor because the timming are off. I see the setting in Picasso96 Mode it is saved and active. I also see the updated file in Devs. Not sure why settings not getting in Prefs/screenmode.

Again, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'll play with it more tonight.

Thanks

Ray

Did you moved the new screenmode from Storage:monitors to DEVS:Monitors?

I'm really happy removing the resistor worked for you! Not sure why the settings are not storing permanently. When in the Picasso96Mode, be sure your settings are attached to the Picasso II (from the right click menu) then save the project settings as SYS:devs/Picasso96Settings.

Good luck!

Heather

Yahoo working!!!! Turned out I has to modify an existing mode to get it to work...(y)

Heather, I can't thank you enough for your help! You are AWESOME!

Thanks

Ray

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm so very happy you got it working! johnim's guide was a great help to me, so it was certainly a joint AmiBay effort. (y)

Now, sit back and enjoy your new, high-res screen modes on your Amiga.

Heather

nice work laureynsr (y)

and thanks heather for the mention of my guide :roll:

Back
Top Bottom