Writing .adf on real A500 with KS1.3 - possible?

everblue

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
MALTA
I have the following hardware setup:

Amiga 500 with KS1.3 + extra 0.5MB RAM
AlfaPower Plus with IDE->CF adapter and an extra 8mb

Is it possible to write .adf files saved in the CF? I have tried ADF2Disk but it doesnt seem to run uner KS 1.3 :(

Thanks!

You could try Aminet for another ADF tool. I've used ADF Blitzer in the past but it says it needs OS2 (no mention of the KS though). There are a lot of other ones there too such as adf2disk one of them will surely work on 1.3.

Yeah I tried ADFblitzer, didn't work either. What I am looking for has to work under WB1.3 + KS 1.3 (y)

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Found a little gem that works! By the world famous Thomas Rapp! (y)

http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui

I seem to remember doing this with a PC connected to an Amiga over the serial port, with just AmigaDOS.

I seem to remember doing this with a PC connected to an Amiga over the serial port, with just AmigaDOS.

yeah i read a thread somewhere about such a thing,i wouldnt want to do it that way myself though.

Yeah I tried ADFblitzer, didn't work either. What I am looking for has to work under WB1.3 + KS 1.3 (y)

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Found a little gem that works! By the world famous Thomas Rapp! (y)

http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/tsgui

Ah TSGui. I forgot about that one.

That came with my software disk included with the PCMCIA / CF adapter i have. I had only used it on my KS3.1 A1200. Had no idea it would work under KS1.3.

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Yes i used to do that back in the old days (circa 1997) using a NULL Modem cable connected between the Amiga and the PC.

I think the software i used to use was called TwinExpress (PC & Amiga Versions) and then ADF2DISK. Having said that the kickstart i used was 2.04 and not 1.3.

I THINK I can remember using tsgui on ks1.3...

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

Yep that is what I used as I said in the previous post :) Thanks for helping out!

transadf also works in 1.3 using the shell.

Back
Top Bottom