Review - Robocop3

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
Another classic from another time... well the 90s anyway.

Here is Robocop 3 for the Amiga 512k OCS and it closely follows some of the action from the orion film Robocop 3 ( which no one watched as it was truly awful)

You control Mr Robocop on various missions in full 3D via your mouse.

DID (flight sim creators) developed this particular version of Robocop and produced something very different. While it featured a succession of levels based around sections of the movie, these were highly varied and presented in polygon 3D graphics.
These can be played in any order in the Arcade mode, or in planned sequence in the Movie Adventure mode, which follows the film's plot of Japanese investors wishing to replace Robocop with their Robot Ninja.

The action starts off with a brief news bulletin telling you the story so far...

The first task is a car chase , in which a maze like city section of road must be followed at speed but don't crash in to other traffic or buildings ( an on screen map helps).

There are several first-person 3D shooing sections,. in which you must use a target sight to shoot villains, without harming civilians in office blocks and a hotel.
Robocop also takes to the skies in a simulation of his new Gyropack flying device.

In the final scene , he must do battle with his intended replacement in a fixed-perspective beat 'em up section ninja style. ( use the space bar to select your gun and kill him in true indiana jones style)

The audio is excellent with deep atmospheric music and loud gun shots and crashes. This is an excellent Amiga game that should be played.

mike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFdgyuv6fU

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.42.12.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.42.12.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.41.55.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.41.55.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.42.06.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.42.06.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.41.44.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.41.44.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.41.19.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 17.41.19.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 5
Yep, remember playing this when it came out.

Never got very far on it, the best I ever did was complete the chase of the van. Always found it really hard to control the car properly.

Still, I liked the game and I remember the music was atmospheric.

I always remember this game due to the curious copy protection thingy!

Wasn't this the game that had a dongle originally. I seem to remember a lot of rubbish being said about how it was going to revolutionise game protection. However on the day of release they were sent a cracked version?

Great game, good review (y)

Last edited:
Yeah i bought it in early 1992 after the game was out in december 1991 and i had the protection dongle.
Great game to remember, fast 3D, i had a lot of fun with it, though i was never good at the jetpack part.

What's the difference between 512KB and 1204 MB version?
I'm sure my original disks needed a 1MB Amiga.

Note: in the final stage, you might lose your gun if you do not fire quickly enough and the ninja will be thouger to beat then with your bare hands.

Last edited:

Yes absolutely and it was cracked very soon after release.

I seem to remember playing Robocop 3 without a dongle..... :)

As said in the review, a game well worth playing - very atmospheric.

They made another version without dongle later.

Yes absolutely and it was cracked very soon after release.

I seem to remember playing Robocop 3 without a dongle..... :)

As said in the review, a game well worth playing - very atmospheric.

Quite ahead of his time then.i really enjoyed it!
Except of course for the ninja fight:double

Back
Top Bottom