fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Yo peeps, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this.

I pulled my MDII from sale as I didn't really want to sell it faulty not knowing what the fault was, the reset button wasn't working. That's not a big deal really as a new one fitted would solve that and in fact I just put some electrical tape over the switch as suggested on another site and it's working great :LOL: Not a perm fix but at least I can use the switchless mod now!

Now on to the strange fault, aside from the reset button all seemed well until I connected it up to my MCDII however it causes some random errors on some games, such as Final Fight the characters fall off the screen (very weird!) and on Star Wars the ship is uncontrollable.

Other Games like Sonic CD work fine.

So I tested the MDII on it's own and Games like Sonic 3 work fine and Outrunners but I tried Ghouls and Ghosts and after you start the game it resets it's self (after the map scrolls) Weird eh?

I've just tested it with my 32x and it seems to work OK with that although I only played Virtua Racing and Knuckles Chaotix.

Everything looks fine inside so a little confusing, any idea's appreciated!

I'll probably just hang onto it as a spare to use with the 32x as it's easier then setting up with the MCDII which my other MDII is connected to but just baffled by the glitches.

Sounds like the board is not getting adequate or smooth power. Caps perhaps?

Last edited:
I have an MDII with MCDII bolted on which frequently resets when there is a passthrough cart inserted (such as Game Genie or Sonic and Knuckles) This lead me to suspect power issues as well, but I haven't gotten around to testing yet. Works fine with regular carts. I have an MD1 stashed away, I might test the two passthroughs on that before I start looking at fixing it though. You can never to be to sure with boxless tat from the otherbay.

PSU is fine, working on my other MDII's and 32x. Maybe it's caps then :coffee:

Although it's not a random issue, it effects the same games in the same places all the time whilst other games play fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom