Guide to setting up Internet access via MiamiDX on A1200 with Netgear MA401

Hi Apple Hammer :)

Thanks for posting in my thread, sorry you couldn't get things going. I've been really busy this week so no opportunity to reply.

It's a long time since I did the guide, I know I had some issues but can't remember how I overcame them, certainly the same crashing one you had.

I will try to remember when I have some more time (y)

I seem to remember something about this problem being caused by cracked MiamiDX keys. I am certainly using dodgy keys with my version of MiamiDX (purely because I have no way of paying for legit keys) so perhaps this is the reason. Do you recall anything like that?

Thanks for the guide steve, am now posting this on my amiga.

Had a few problems with errorcode 20 on prism2defaults until i realised you could only use wep and a 10 digit code which was why it was going nuts at me!

I tried this last year but had to give it up as my router was just not interested in running WEP. I've now got a (very ****) spare router that does, and I've set it all up, with wireless devices such as laptops and phones connecting to the WEP-enabled router. I edited the startup-sequence to account for the new SSID and key, rebooted, then ran Miami Init. When I tell it to use the prism2.device, the light on the wifi card (a Macsense Aerocard Plus) starts blinking, and it just fails from that point.

Any ideas?

PCMCIA reset bug? Try to pull and re-insert the card. Make sure the card is defiantly supported by the driver too.

It's a long time since I did this so I'm not totally up to date, I know there is a new driver now, are you using the latest version?

What expansions do you have in your Amiga? Does your PCMCIA slot work for other things like CF adapters?

I think I'm using the latest version that was posted on Aminet. It was last updated a year ago, so I'm fairly certain I have the latest version. I have an ACA 1220 inside my Amiga and the only other PCMCIA card I have is a usb one - and as I have no use for that I haven't actually tried installing it. I think the fault lies with the awful router - is there a way of using WPA? Because the good router I do have uses that, at least.

@Azhrei
Your router is probably ok. All you need is to perform a firmware update of your WIFI card. After that, it'll work like charm using WPA2/AES.

Not sure how I missed your post, Lucas - thanks for letting me know about that.

How would I go about updating it, though?

You probably need to use a laptop with PCMCIA

Even then it is hard to find/make out instructions for Updating the Firmware.
(I have 2 D-link DWL-650's that need doing)

:(

@Azhrei
@Nobby_UK
As Steve rightly pointed out, you're going to need a laptop with a PCMCIA slot or PCI to PCMCIA adapter.
Drop me a line, I'll gladly help you guys.

Back
Top Bottom